The Student Room Group

Westminster school applications

I’m applying for 16+ this year, and I’m just wondering if anybody knows what’s included in the English and maths exams. Any help appreciated!!!

:smile:

Cookiesandcréme
Original post by Cookiesandcréme
I’m applying for 16+ this year, and I’m just wondering if anybody knows what’s included in the English and maths exams. Any help appreciated!!!

:smile:

Cookiesandcréme

Hi there! Last year I applied and didn't get in but I did do the exams. One of mine was the Maths exam and it was mostly algebra. Sorry that I don't remember more!
Original post by grilledtomatoess
Hi there! Last year I applied and didn't get in but I did do the exams. One of mine was the Maths exam and it was mostly algebra. Sorry that I don't remember more!

Ok, thank you so much! :smile:
Just wondering, if you can remember, how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, and was it pretty much all gcse topics?
Ok, thank you so much! :smile:
Just wondering, if you can remember, how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, and was it pretty much all gcse topics?

Not all of the gcse topics but it would be good to focus on the ones that you've already been taught. Also focus on the algebra as I mentioned before. And in terms of difficulty it is ofc subjective as I didn't really take the exams seriously as I just wanted the experience rather than an interview. But I think it was perhaps a 6-7/10. It wasn't extremely difficult. If you're already doing well in Maths then don't worry too much!

What are the other two tests that you will be taking? I may be of help!
Original post by grilledtomatoess
Not all of the gcse topics but it would be good to focus on the ones that you've already been taught. Also focus on the algebra as I mentioned before. And in terms of difficulty it is ofc subjective as I didn't really take the exams seriously as I just wanted the experience rather than an interview. But I think it was perhaps a 6-7/10. It wasn't extremely difficult. If you're already doing well in Maths then don't worry too much!

What are the other two tests that you will be taking? I may be of help!

Ok tysm! I’m also doing English lit and Spanish
Ok tysm! I’m also doing English lit and Spanish

Oh I'm so sorry, I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Latin so I cannot be of much help. However, I wish you luck for these exams and hope that you land an interview!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending