The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

London School of Econ submitting GPA *American

Hi all,

I am putting the finishing touches on my UCAS application and am about to submit all my schools tomorrow, but I have noticed that in LSE’s entry requirements along with the 5s on 5 APs they also say they want a GPA. The problem is that I go to a high school that does not do GPAs. I exceed the entry requirements for my AP scores and have a high SAT and ACT that I am submitting, but what should I do about the GPA thing?

THanks
Original post by averyfff
Hi all,

I am putting the finishing touches on my UCAS application and am about to submit all my schools tomorrow, but I have noticed that in LSE’s entry requirements along with the 5s on 5 APs they also say they want a GPA. The problem is that I go to a high school that does not do GPAs. I exceed the entry requirements for my AP scores and have a high SAT and ACT that I am submitting, but what should I do about the GPA thing?

THanks

Hello, I may be too late but I would say that you should see if you can get your teachers to give you a provisional one or submit predicted grades for whatever you have in place of GPA. Otherwise, perhaps submit your most recent school assignment scores or your junior end of year scores. I go to LSE but am from the UK, so although I'm not sure what they require from American students, I know that they're pretty strict on students having good grades. Therefore, if they say they want more than SAT, ACT and AP scores, you're going to have to give them more than SAT, ACT and AP scores. If you've already submitted your application, I would suggest emailing the admissions department to tell them what type of grades you put on your app and ask them what you should have submitted in place of GPA. They will take a while to respond I imagine but when they do there might be a chance for you to send over whatever extra they want from you to attach to your application file
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending