The Student Room Group

BSc (Hons) in Project Management

Hey!!

I’m hoping you can all help me.

I am currently enrolled on a BSc (Hons) Project Management Apprenticeship Degree, I am 100% certain is this exactly right up my street, however, which my current provider I am struggling… it is through a third party partnered up with a Uni. I am looking at transfer options and I am considering and in conversations with the below Uni’s:

Aston Uni
Arden Uni
Exeter Uni

My biggest gripe at the moment is the absolute lack of baseline taught content.

As an example, I completed a Hairdressing Apprenticeship many, many years ago.. and it would be like them telling me to go and do a ‘one length cut’ without actually explaining the basics on how to achieve it. I am 32, therefore, I am very aware of the amount of self-learning required but I feel currently I’m not getting the basics.

I feel I need a good ‘lecture’ lesson of which then translate to the workplace and incorporates with fellow students in the breakout rooms.

Anyone who is studying in any of the above Uni’s with any feedback would be greatly appreciated <3 x
Original post by TrayPead
Hey!!

I’m hoping you can all help me.

I am currently enrolled on a BSc (Hons) Project Management Apprenticeship Degree, I am 100% certain is this exactly right up my street, however, which my current provider I am struggling… it is through a third party partnered up with a Uni. I am looking at transfer options and I am considering and in conversations with the below Uni’s:

Aston Uni
Arden Uni
Exeter Uni

My biggest gripe at the moment is the absolute lack of baseline taught content.

As an example, I completed a Hairdressing Apprenticeship many, many years ago.. and it would be like them telling me to go and do a ‘one length cut’ without actually explaining the basics on how to achieve it. I am 32, therefore, I am very aware of the amount of self-learning required but I feel currently I’m not getting the basics.

I feel I need a good ‘lecture’ lesson of which then translate to the workplace and incorporates with fellow students in the breakout rooms.

Anyone who is studying in any of the above Uni’s with any feedback would be greatly appreciated <3 x

@TrayPead
Hello!

I studied at Arden doing a completely different subject which was an MSc Psychology conversion and I had a really good time. For an unbiased review check out the QAA report and the Teaching Excellence Framework Report (both readily available online) for all 3 to get a better sense of if that University will meet your needs. I must say that Arden had the best virtual learning environment I have come across, and I studied at 3 universities, and have worked in education for over 10 years

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
It's great that you're actively seeking a university that aligns with your learning preferences. Considering Aston Uni, Arden Uni, and Exeter Uni is a wise move. A solid foundation in project management basics is crucial. I'm also pursuing my project management certification with Unichrone, and their comprehensive approach, including expert-led lectures and collaborative breakout sessions, has immensely enhanced my learning experience. Good luck in finding the right fit for your academic journey! 🌟

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending