The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde, Stirling or Glasgow Caledonian best to go to for Law?

Hello,
I’ve got offers from university of Strathclyde, uni of Stirling and Glasgow Caledonian university to do Law, I am going to accept one of the offers but I am really confused on which one I should go ahead and accept. An advice on which I should accept?
Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello,
I’ve got offers from university of Strathclyde, uni of Stirling and Glasgow Caledonian university to do Law, I am going to accept one of the offers but I am really confused on which one I should go ahead and accept. An advice on which I should accept?
Thanks.

Definitely Strathclyde

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/law/scotland
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Hello,
Thanks.

Hi, well done on all your offers! Just out of curiosity, what higher grades did you achieve and when did you receive your Strathclyde offer?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, well done on all your offers! Just out of curiosity, what higher grades did you achieve and when did you receive your Strathclyde offer?

Hey, thank you!! And I don’t live in Scotland right now so I am doing my A levels and my predicted are AAB so I reckon that’s around AAABB in Scotland maybe? I am not 100% sure how it works if I am being honest and also I received my offer within the first week of sending my application off! have you also applied to Strathclyde and did you receive an offer if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 4
Hey, thank you!! And I don’t live in Scotland right now so I am doing my A levels and my predicted are AAB so I reckon that’s around AAABB in Scotland maybe? I am not 100% sure how it works if I am being honest and also I received my offer within the first week of sending my application off! have you also applied to Strathclyde and did you receive an offer if you don’t mind me asking?

I sent off my application in November and still to hear back. I got 4As and a B in my highers last year. Slightly nervous as Strathclyde seems to reject lots of Scottish students - even with 5As!
Reply 6
I sent off my application in November and still to hear back. I got 4As and a B in my highers last year. Slightly nervous as Strathclyde seems to reject lots of Scottish students - even with 5As!

Oh I am really sorry!! But i thought everyone was supposed to hear back from all their chosen unis by the end of January? And yes Strathclyde does seem to reject many Scottish students even with really high grades which is really a shame, what course were you looking to do at Strathclyde? And is it your first choice uni? Also maybe call them up and see why you’ve still not got an answer? Hope everything works out for you!
Oh I am really sorry!! But i thought everyone was supposed to hear back from all their chosen unis by the end of January? And yes Strathclyde does seem to reject many Scottish students even with really high grades which is really a shame, what course were you looking to do at Strathclyde? And is it your first choice uni? Also maybe call them up and see why you’ve still not got an answer? Hope everything works out for you!

I have also applied for law and Strathclyde is my first choice. Unis have until the 16th of May to respond so not panicking for now.
Reply 8
I have also applied for law and Strathclyde is my first choice. Unis have until the 16th of May to respond so not panicking for now.

Ohhhh I thought it was till January sorry!! If that’s the case then you’ve got nothing to worry about considering your grades. Wishing you the best!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending