The Student Room Group

Should I Mention Mental Health on UCAS?

The UCAS deadline is in a day and I'm debating whether or not to put mental health under the disability section, I have a diagnosed condition that I take medication for and is under control.

The reason I'm debating it is, that I have disclosed it before at my college and got no support and rather felt stigmatised and looked at as broken as opposed to when they were unaware of it.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by Anonymous
The UCAS deadline is in a day and I'm debating whether or not to put mental health under the disability section, I have a diagnosed condition that I take medication for and is under control.

The reason I'm debating it is, that I have disclosed it before at my college and got no support and rather felt stigmatised and looked at as broken as opposed to when they were unaware of it.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Universities are good in the main with supporting students who have mental illness (controlled or not!). It shouldn’t result in any discrimination in the admissions process (and if it does then that’s a good sign that the university is better off avoided anyway!)

Quick Reply

Latest