The Student Room Group

EPQ help!!

I’ve been told my EPQ is an absolute mess, I was never taught how to write - can anyone please help?
Original post by elenaceliz
I’ve been told my EPQ is an absolute mess, I was never taught how to write - can anyone please help?

Which bit exactly?
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom

Which bit exactly?

mainly with how academic it is, i have over 40 references, but i don’t know how much more i can do
I don't see how that is a problem. Can you specify and elaborate? What is your project on? Is it the essay itself? The production log? 40 references (if varied) should be more than enough.
Reply 4
Original post by Tulipbloom
I don't see how that is a problem. Can you specify and elaborate? What is your project on? Is it the essay itself? The production log? 40 references (if varied) should be more than enough.

my topic is about the supernatural and possession, it’s the essay itself i’ve been told is not ‘academic enough’. i am already doing it really late and i’m just unsure now of how to fix it?
my topic is about the supernatural and possession, it’s the essay itself i’ve been told is not ‘academic enough’. i am already doing it really late and i’m just unsure now of how to fix it?

Damn that is harsh. I've seen people write about fashion. If your topic isn't taught in the syllabus how can your teacher be sure it's not academic enough? Do you have a head of EPQ at your school? Have you done in-text citations in your essay? Maybe a case study would help make it more academic. I'm sorry they told you this :/

Whoever said this may mean there isn't enough factual knowledge, such as a
statistics, proper test/trials, as well the tone of the writing not being formal enough. EPQ is a free for all and ghere isn't a 'wrong' thing to wrote about, but you need to follow the guidelines on how to construct one.
Reply 7
Original post by heightened-meal

Whoever said this may mean there isn't enough factual knowledge, such as a
statistics, proper test/trials, as well the tone of the writing not being formal enough. EPQ is a free for all and ghere isn't a 'wrong' thing to wrote about, but you need to follow the guidelines on how to construct one.

my EPQ was incorrectly taught, my supervisor left so i had to go the whole of summer (and part of the start or year thirteen) without a supervisor. i was never taught how to write. my essay is VERY well written, i think it is more related to the flow and the sources i use. i’m panicking because i need an A for my uni offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending