The Student Room Group

Dispicable Teacher

I have a teacher in my college. She's the Head of sixth form. And let's put simply. She's ableist and homophobic

I am a lesbian and in y12. I have a girlfriend in y13. We both have chronic pain issues and struggle to come into college on time. This teacher refuses to acknowledge that. Me and my girlfriend are close and she says we're 'unhealthy' due to how much time we spend together. Keep in mind, we are one of around 3 gay relationships in the college. She's constantly in my business all the time. For example this morning, where my gfs dad got a message saying he had a call from her about missing lessons when I'm on a free period. She was literally in pain this morning and I had nothing to do with it.

I have spoken to directly and written to her before calmly explaining what happened and why were are so dependent on each other. As well as why sometimes we miss lessons. She doesn't listen. I have BPD, I have tried to explain this to her before and she doesn't listen. I have calmly asked her to inform people on why I may not be always fully there. She doesn't listen. She won't listen no matter what. She thinks herself above everyone else and in the beginning wouldn't even acknowledge that me and my gf were a couple. I am constantly Targeted by her and every time I went against her she would threaten me with expulsion which has only happened once for a few days. I know my college uses this site and I hope they see this. Maybe this will get her attention so she finally listens to me.

I had to post this here purely because I needed to get this out. Its disgusting, I so much as touch my gfs hand and she yells at us (has actually happened before when I was readjusting my gfs ring and she yelled at us to stop holding hands.)

She isn't the only bad teacher I have either. One of the others literally scratched his 'area' in front of me and can't even teach. He's constantly getting aggravated at students and calling them stupid, saying they need to restart their work from the beginning when they've already done 20ish slides of powerpoint work

I want to close this off by saying I'm up to date in all my subjects. I have everything done that I need to do to the point I'm bored in lesson because everything is done. Nobody will listen when i say this needs sorting out or she needs to be fired. She upsets so many students not even just me. I've had a friend with full mental breakdowns because she's called them borderline useless.

Advice anyone????
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Johnni....
I have a teacher in my college. She's the Head of sixth form. And let's put simply. She's ableist and homophobic

I am a lesbian and in y12. I have a girlfriend in y13. We both have chronic pain issues and struggle to come into college on time. This teacher refuses to acknowledge that. Me and my girlfriend are close and she says we're 'unhealthy' due to how much time we spend together. Keep in mind, we are one of around 3 gay relationships in the college. She's constantly in my business all the time. For example this morning, where my gfs dad got a message saying he had a call from her about missing lessons when I'm on a free period. She was literally in pain this morning and I had nothing to do with it.

I have spoken to directly and written to her before calmly explaining what happened and why were are so dependent on each other. As well as why sometimes we miss lessons. She doesn't listen. I have BPD, I have tried to explain this to her before and she doesn't listen. I have calmly asked her to inform people on why I may not be always fully there. She doesn't listen. She won't listen no matter what. She thinks herself above everyone else and in the beginning wouldn't even acknowledge that me and my gf were a couple. I am constantly Targeted by her and every time I went against her she would threaten me with expulsion which has only happened once for a few days. I know my college uses this site and I hope they see this. Maybe this will get her attention so she finally listens to me.

I had to post this here purely because I needed to get this out. Its disgusting, I so much as touch my gfs hand and she yells at us (has actually happened before when I was readjusting my gfs ring and she yelled at us to stop holding hands.)

She isn't the only bad teacher I have either. One of the others literally scratched his 'area' in front of me and can't even teach. He's constantly getting aggravated at students and calling them stupid, saying they need to restart their work from the beginning when they've already done 20ish slides of powerpoint work

I want to close this off by saying I'm up to date in all my subjects. I have everything done that I need to do to the point I'm bored in lesson because everything is done. Nobody will listen when i say this needs sorting out or she needs to be fired. She upsets so many students not even just me. I've had a friend with full mental breakdowns because she's called them borderline useless.

Advice anyone????

I cannot imagine how you're feeling. I am also a lesbian in year 12 and it can be really difficult to be open about my sexuality. Please just remember that you two are doing nothing wrong and are trying your best with life and college despite your health related issues. Maybe alert another member of staff that doesn't seem too close to the Head. Just think that you don't have too much time left at college. Only until next year.. <3..
Reply 2
Original post by Johnni....
Advice anyone????

Sounds like the teacher has called others "useless" you say. That isn't a very good thing for a teacher to say.

However, you aren't helping matters if you are late often or missing lessons. Even if you are an A student with all of your work done, you still need to respect the times that classes begin.

If you need a doctor's help then get it. Don't make excuses for being late; if everyone Else made it to class then why would you be privileged to walk in late like a princess. The teacher may make you less motivated to go to class or show up on time bc of her attitude but either change teachers by going to a different section if you can or if you can't then you need to at least respect the other students even if you don't respect the teacher. The other students are paying to learn and you walking in late is disrespectful of those students. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day; therefore, if the teacher is trying to get you to show on time time it partly is bc she is supposed to look out for the other students.

As far as holding hands, it depends on if straight kids hold hands. If they do then I guess you should be able to. If the straight kids aren't not holding hands at your school then you aren't special and should not be pampered either
Is she goodlooking though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending