The Student Room Group

Complaint at uni after embarrassing drunk moment

I got really drunk in uni halls and got dared to run down the corridor naked, which I did but someone got offended and reported me, will I get kicked out of uni for this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Universities have codes of conduct for students in campus housing. Behaviors like running naked through a hallway, even if due to a dare or alcohol, can be seen as a violation of these rules. The consequences, including potential expulsion, depend on various factors.

I should review your university's student handbook or code of conduct. The severity and impact of any incidents will be considered, especially if someone was genuinely offended or harassed. Past incidents or violations may also be considered. Your university likely has a disciplinary process involving investigations and hearings, during which you can present your side of the story. Sanctions such as warnings, fines, mandatory counselling, or educational measures may be imposed instead of expulsion, depending on the circumstances.

In situations like this, it's important to treat them seriously and comply with any investigations or disciplinary actions. Remember to respect the university's policies and the rights of your classmates. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your university's student affairs or housing department for assistance and clarification.

BW
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I got really drunk in uni halls and got dared to run down the corridor naked, which I did but someone got offended and reported me, will I get kicked out of uni for this?

What do you think. you just ran down the corridor naked. is anyone gonna let that slide
Well it's like they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Remember that, as alluded to above, your actions affect others. Just because you're happy to run down a hallway naked doesn't mean everyone else wants to see that.
Well it's either a joke or a crime, trouble is it's not up to you which.
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Well it's like they say, play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Remember that, as alluded to above, your actions affect others. Just because you're happy to run down a hallway naked doesn't mean everyone else wants to see that.

I wouldn't have done it sober I got a hearing tomorrow I'm ******** it could they really kick me out completely just because one complained
I don’t think you’ll be expelled for this one drunk antic during freshers tbh. You might get a böllocking but I’d be very shocked if you were kicked out. Just don’t do it again.
(edited 6 months ago)
I wouldn't have done it sober I got a hearing tomorrow I'm ******** it could they really kick me out completely just because one complained

Instad of focusing on the complainant, perhaps reflect on whether you should have done it or not. Because that's what any review is going to be looking at. Your behaviour and whether it's likely to continue.
Original post by Admit-One
Instad of focusing on the complainant, perhaps reflect on whether you should have done it or not. Because that's what any review is going to be lo oking at. Your behaviour and whether it's likely to continue.

Also reflect on little the people who dared you would care if you did get punted out.

Was it a "streak" or a "Flash" ?

IMHO, the whole thing depends on the answer here. If it's a streak, then that's when it's done with the intention of "having a laugh" or "just for kicks"... and you'll probably won't get much more than a formal telling off or minor disciplinary. On the other hand, when you're flashed there are definite sexual connotations, and with all the #me too etc. of late, that could well get you kicked out... especially if there was some kind of history between you and the complainant.

From how you've described it, it sounds like a streak... if there were witnesses, and whoever dared you could verify this, you should be fine. Also, maybe try apologising to whoever was offended, as it may also work in your favour (if they're willing to talk to you).
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 10
Be remorseful and promise to be a better person in future. Don’t imagine you’d get thrown out for that unless there are any aggravating factors. You could always get some advice from your SU
Reply 11
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Was it a "streak" or a "Flash" ?

IMHO, the whole thing depends on the answer here. If it's a streak, then that's when it's done with the intention of "having a laugh" or "just for kicks"... and you'll probably won't get much more than a formal telling off or minor disciplinary. On the other hand, when you're flashed there are definite sexual connotations, and with all the #me too etc. of late, that could well get you kicked out... especially if there was some kind of history between you and the complainant.

From how you've described it, it sounds like a streak... if there were witnesses, and whoever dared you could verify this, you should be fine. Also, maybe try apologising to whoever was offended, as it may also work in your favour (if they're willing to talk to you).

Yeah it was a fully naked streak down the corridor
Reply 12
Instad of focusing on the complainant, perhaps reflect on whether you should have done it or not. Because that's what any review is going to be looking at. Your behaviour and whether it's likely to continue.

I wouldn't have done it sober as I'm quite self conscious about my body
I wouldn't have done it sober as I'm quite self conscious about my body

I don’t think that’s in any doubt.

“But I was drunk” isn’t a defence. Have you actually reflected on why it was an unpleasant thing to do?
When's your hearing, OP?
Reply 15
I don’t think that’s in any doubt.

“But I was drunk” isn’t a defence. Have you actually reflected on why it was an unpleasant thing to do?

I guess I can see why some are uncomfortable, most cheered me when I did it, I don't even know why I went along with the dare
Reply 16
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
When's your hearing, OP?

In less than an hour at 10am
I guess I can see why some are uncomfortable, most cheered me when I did it, I don't even know why I went along with the dare

Again, the hearing isn't going to be interested in people cheering you on. It's not school, you can't play the old "they told me to / they did it too" cards. Be genuinely contrite and apologetic. And don't be a div again.
Reply 18
Again, the hearing isn't going to be interested in people cheering you on. It's not school, you can't play the old "they told me to / they did it too" cards. Be genuinely contrite and apologetic. And don't be a div again.

Yeah I'm already prepared to grovel and beg for forgiveness but I'm seriously scared I will be expelled
Reply 19
Yeah I'm already prepared to grovel and beg for forgiveness but I'm seriously scared I will be expelled

Perhaps more likely that you'd be kicked out of the accommodation than kicked out of the university.

As @Admit-One says, being drunk isn't a defence. It's not even a mitigation.

You need to be genuinely contrite; admit to what you've done and state that you understand that it was unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour, and that you understand that people could be offended and distressed.

You should give assurances that there will be no repeat of this, or similar, behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending