The Student Room Group

What to do if my teeth retainers break

I started wearing braces in January 2021 and finished wearing them in July 2022, after that, I wore retainers. Today, the end section of my retainers (that holds the 2 molar teeth to my furthest right) cracked away from the retainer. I've already called (sent a voicemail )& emailed my orthodontist but they're not that very responsive. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by capricut2375
I started wearing braces in January 2021 and finished wearing them in July 2022, after that, I wore retainers. Today, the end section of my retainers (that holds the 2 molar teeth to my furthest right) cracked away from the retainer. I've already called (sent a voicemail )& emailed my orthodontist but they're not that very responsive. What should I do?

Same thing happened to me.
I just rang them up and then we arranged an appointment to get new retainers made.. if you do have to get new retainers made, ask if they make a thicker retainer (teeth grinding issues or smth for reasoning) bc mine did, and it was thicker and lasted a while. (I had to pay for mine too.)

I don't know how often you wear your retainers, but your teeth won't move that quickly, esp since you started wearing retainers in july 2022 so i'd suggest you just wait for your orthodontist to call back.

Quick Reply

Latest