The Student Room Group

sixth form interview LAET

i just got an email about an interview from LAET and they’re saying that they want me to bring an item i’m proud of or that’s important to me and i have no clue what to bring😭 anyone from LAET or anyone who’s had a sixth form interview work like that in a similar way give me any advice??
Reply 1
Original post by ctrlm.
i just got an email about an interview from LAET and they’re saying that they want me to bring an item i’m proud of or that’s important to me and i have no clue what to bring😭 anyone from LAET or anyone who’s had a sixth form interview work like that in a similar way give me any advice??

Hey I actually go to LAET and the best advice I can give you is to make sure the person interviewing you can see the passion behind your words as the main thing they are looking for is to see that your values are in the right place and that you are ready to commit to the A-Level journey ahead of you.
Most importantly just be yourself!!
Reply 2
Original post by bmnkiro
Hey I actually go to LAET and the best advice I can give you is to make sure the person interviewing you can see the passion behind your words as the main thing they are looking for is to see that your values are in the right place and that you are ready to commit to the A-Level journey ahead of you.

So is it a bad thing if I bring a necklace and tell them I value a friendship I had before?
Reply 3
Original post by bmnkiro

thanks for replying!! i hope it isn’t too serious, if u don’t mind me asking what did you bring to your interview? i’m thinking of bringing a book and hope that it goes okay
Reply 4
Original post by Sumikko
Original post by bmnkiro

So is it a bad thing if I bring a necklace and tell them I value a friendship I had before?

Hi sorry for the late reply but no I dont think so. As long as your proud of it/find it valuable and you can explain why you’ll be fine!!
Reply 5
Original post by ctrlm.
Original post by bmnkiro

thanks for replying!! i hope it isn’t too serious, if u don’t mind me asking what did you bring to your interview? i’m thinking of bringing a book and hope that it goes okay

No problem!! I took my form captain badges from secondary school for my interview. I was originally going to take my art coursework but my teacher had it at the time!
Reply 6
Original post by bmnkiro

What were your predicted grades?
Reply 7
Original post by Study.28
What were your predicted grades?

I remember I was predicted a mix of 7s 8s and 9s for everything
Reply 8
Original post by bmnkiro
I remember I was predicted a mix of 7s 8s and 9s for everything

When did you receive your offer? If you don't mind me asking
Reply 9
When did you receive your offer? If you don't mind me asking

No problem!! Everyone got their offers at the same time and I’m pretty sure it was around april time I can’t remember the exact date. Just keep an eye on your email!!
Original post by bmnkiro
No problem!! Everyone got their offers at the same time and I’m pretty sure it was around april time I can’t remember the exact date. Just keep an eye on your email!!

Do you know what predicted grades they look at? Do you think if you got predicted one six and the rest 7,8,9 you would get considered??
Reply 11
Do you know what predicted grades they look at? Do you think if you got predicted one six and the rest 7,8,9 you would get considered??

I think that As long as you meet the requirements which are available on the entry requirements section on the website https://www.laetottenham.ac.uk/applynow then your absolutely fine
Original post by bmnkiro
I think that As long as you meet the requirements which are available on the entry requirements section on the website https://www.laetottenham.ac.uk/applynow then your absolutely fine

The 6 was in one of the subjects i wanted to pick😭 weve just done second mocks and i got predicted a 7 (since i achieved an 8 in the mocks) what do you think i should do?
Reply 13
The 6 was in one of the subjects i wanted to pick😭 weve just done second mocks and i got predicted a 7 (since i achieved an 8 in the mocks) what do you think i should do?

Honestly I’m not sure how it would work in terms of offers but I do know that you can still go to the school on results day and see if they’ll enrol you based on your actual GCSE grades!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending