The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews offer holder day

Hi, I’m aware that St Andrews is having an offer holder day on 6 April, but I’m debating whether to go as I live in the SE so it’s quite a long journey and I went to the open day last year.
If anyone here has been to both in the past, would you say they’re significantly different and it’s worth going to both, or are most of the things you’d find out available online and that you’d probably already have learnt at an open day? Especially with the subject sessions (for sciences) are they much more detailed or really quite similar?
Original post by squiddy135
Hi, I’m aware that St Andrews is having an offer holder day on 6 April, but I’m debating whether to go as I live in the SE so it’s quite a long journey and I went to the open day last year.
If anyone here has been to both in the past, would you say they’re significantly different and it’s worth going to both, or are most of the things you’d find out available online and that you’d probably already have learnt at an open day? Especially with the subject sessions (for sciences) are they much more detailed or really quite similar?
Honestly, I'd just go tbh! Try and get a bus up here if you can (or plane to Edinburgh LOL), they're uncomfortable but usually way cheaper.

I'm actually from the area of St Andrews itself and it's a perfect mix of sea/countryside/small town for me, but I know a lot of people who aren't used to that don't like it! Can't understand why, but then I've grown up here lol (originally from England though).

I don't know anything about the subjects, specifically.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by squiddy135
My daughter didn't have the chance to go to an open day (covid) but went to an offer holders day. It was a chance to see inside the teaching buildings and the accommodation and to have a tour of the town with a student. For the biology sessions you got to see inside the labs and heard about course structure and modules. There was a chance to ask the staff questions, speak to current students and see what the other offer holders looked like!! How does that compare to the open day?

The main thing I suppose is do you still have questions you need answered before you make your decision? And will a visit help you with this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending