The Student Room Group

School suspensions

I have had around 20 days suspensions in total all happing in year 8 and 9. Will this affect me in collage or university and my chances into getting into them. I'm getting good grades and changed alot since then
Original post by 3kebrjeo4k
I have had around 20 days suspensions in total all happing in year 8 and 9. Will this affect me in collage or university and my chances into getting into them. I'm getting good grades and changed alot since then

In terms of universities, it will have zero impact. School attendance data isn't passed to them. The only way they they would be alerted is if your school chose to write about it in your UCAS reference. Your school won't do this as it's not in their interests to do so. (They want the reflected glory of their ex-students getting into good unis.)

I suspect the same is also true of applicantions to sixth form colleges, but don't know that for a fact. It's sufficiently long ago they'd likely ignore it anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
In terms of universities, it will have zero impact. School attendance data isn't passed to them. The only way they they would be alerted is if your school chose to write about it in your UCAS reference. Your school won't do this as it's not in their interests to do so. (They want the reflected glory of their ex-students getting into good unis.)

I suspect the same is also true of applicantions to sixth form colleges, but don't know that for a fact. It's sufficiently long ago they'd likely ignore it anyway.

That makes sense because teachers make it sound like the end of the world when it isn't that deep

Quick Reply

Latest