The Student Room Group

Re-Studying after HND 18 years ago!

18 years ago I studied a HND in Hospitality ( over 2 years full time). I did not have a student loan for this, this was fully funded as my mum was in low income.

The last 2 years I have been studying at college (a level 2 and a level 3) in learning support and I currently work in a school.

I really want to go to uni to study a 4 year part time course in Education (BA Hons)

My question is would I get funding for this due to my HND?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
Original post by clprzy87
18 years ago I studied a HND in Hospitality ( over 2 years full time). I did not have a student loan for this, this was fully funded as my mum was in low income.
The last 2 years I have been studying at college (a level 2 and a level 3) in learning support and I currently work in a school.
I really want to go to uni to study a 4 year part time course in Education (BA Hons)
My question is would I get funding for this due to my HND?
Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
Hi there,

When would you be looking to start the Part Time course? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
When would you be looking to start the Part Time course? Thanks, Ross
This September
This September
Thanks. Can you confirm the name of the university and we can look into your eligibility?. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. Can you confirm the name of the university and we can look into your eligibility?. Thanks, Jason
Yes, it will be at Brighton university. Thank you
Hi there,

Can you confirm the full course name as nothing is showing on system for Brighton with Education (BA Hons).

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
The course is - Professional Practice in Education BA(Hons)

Thank you
The course is - Professional Practice in Education BA(Hons)
Thank you
This course doesn't show yet for the this university for 24/25 and checking last year 23/24 showed it was a 3 years?course.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
This course doesn't show yet for the this university for 24/25 and checking last year 23/24 showed it was a 3 years?course.
Thanks,
Claire
No it’s a 4 year course. It is open for applications
No it’s a 4 year course. It is open for applications
Hi there,

This course is showing as eligible for funding in the 23/24 year - in most cases, this means that it will also be fine for 24/25.

Since the part-time applications will open in Summer it's not unusual for the university to not have updated the list for 24/25 yet, but it may be worth checking with them directly.

Also, you'll be fine to receive funding for this course for the duration because it's a higher level than your HND.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending