The Student Room Group

First reel

This is my first time here I am currently in year 13 and stuck on what to do as a career btw I have found computer science an option but I don’t do a level maths but enjoy cs so I just wanna know how much math is in the course at Newcastle,Leeds,Nottingham,Lancaster,Liverpool,Aston uni pls lmk thanks if you study at any of these unis would be great btw do you also need a level computer science as I have it just wanna know because got a brother in year 11 and wants to do same but DOSENT wanna pick school at a level???
Original post by Superherogamer
This is my first time here I am currently in year 13 and stuck on what to do as a career btw I have found computer science an option but I don’t do a level maths but enjoy cs so I just wanna know how much math is in the course at Newcastle,Leeds,Nottingham,Lancaster,Liverpool,Aston uni pls lmk thanks if you study at any of these unis would be great btw do you also need a level computer science as I have it just wanna know because got a brother in year 11 and wants to do same but DOSENT wanna pick school at a level???

Hi @Superherogamer
The computer science course at Lancaster has entry requirements of AAB, however you don't have to have taken A level maths. The only form of maths requirements for the computer science course is a grade 6 in GCSE Maths. If you have a look at the course page, you will be able to read about the modules you could study and how much maths is involved in them. https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-bsc-hons-g400/2024/#course-entry
However, it also worth mentioning that 1st year is there to equip you with any skills you'll need for later on in your degree, so will cover any maths skills you may need.
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Superherogamer
The computer science course at Lancaster has entry requirements of AAB, however you don't have to have taken A level maths. The only form of maths requirements for the computer science course is a grade 6 in GCSE Maths. If you have a look at the course page, you will be able to read about the modules you could study and how much maths is involved in them. https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/computer-science-bsc-hons-g400/2024/#course-entry
However, it also worth mentioning that 1st year is there to equip you with any skills you'll need for later on in your degree, so will cover any maths skills you may need.
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Can you let me know how much math there is as your lancasters student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending