The Student Room Group

I think the guy I'm involved with only likes me for my body

I (22F) went on a date with a guy (23M) a couple of months ago and while it started out wholesome, it ended up getting pretty heated. We didn't go all the way or even pass second base, but it took a lot of processing for me because it was my first ever date and first ever kiss, too. I've always been a stereotypical 'good girl' and I definitely have some underlying sexual shame because of that - I struggled a bit because I felt I had been too 'easy' on the date. He respected my boundaries and made me feel comfortable so I haven't ever regretted it, though.
We both moved away due to graduation so I haven't seen him in person since, but we have kept semi-regular contact through social media. He is a very sexually open person which is not a bad thing, but I often worry we're not on the same page. He often sends me suggestive messages referring to what happened on our date/what he'd like to happen when we meet again at some point. He also started sending me reels which allude to sexual stuff. While we sometimes talk about other topics, it is mainly him initiating conversations related to physical stuff or him complimenting my body. It's nice to be desired and I'm very attracted to him physically too, but I know that our last date was pretty much the limit of what I'd do casually with a guy who I'm not in a relationship with... I'm so anxious that if he knew this (even though I tried to make it very clear when we met) that he would no longer have an interest in me because I genuinely do like him. But I also feel like if I start matching his energy and sending him the sort of stuff he sends me, he'll get the wrong idea and just see me as someone to have sex with instead of taking me seriously. I struggle to start conversations with him (it's been a week since we last spoke, I think he realised he was always initiating) because of this and I am worried I'm coming off as uninterested when really it's just that I have all this going on in my mind.
Any advice on how I should proceed with him? Do you think how he interacts with me is a red flag?
Reply 1
Pick up the phone and talk to him about this! It really is that simple.
Reply 2
You have to decide if you want to join a sexual roller coaster with no guarantees how things will ultimately work out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending