The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities!

Scroll to see replies

I would have joined, but like last week, ramadan is kinda keeping me at bay. Defo after ramadan ends tho :biggrin:.
Good luck for everyone else tho (TEAM STEM FOR THE WIN)
Original post by Tatakae L
I would have joined, but like last week, ramadan is kinda keeping me at bay. Defo after ramadan ends tho :biggrin:.
Good luck for everyone else tho (TEAM STEM FOR THE WIN)
same with meee, hopefully i can join after ramadan finishes
AND YESS GO TEAM STEM
Original post by milktee
same with meee, hopefully i can join after ramadan finishes
AND YESS GO TEAM STEM
Yep, inshallah after ramadan
Original post by Tatakae L
Yep, inshallah after ramadan
yupp 🤍
Ramadan Mubarak to you both @milktee and @Tatakae L - looking forward to having you back in the sessions! :smile:
Original post by Pwca
Ramadan Mubarak to you both @milktee and @Tatakae L - looking forward to having you back in the sessions! :smile:
Thank you <3
guys, if you have not already, you can check out @erin11's thread for International Day of Happiness and let us know what makes you happy! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7456123&p=99276134
Hey study legends :heart:, (unrelated to studying, but!!) just a reminder that the latest Book Quiz is out NOW (closes on Sat 23rd March) - rep prizes to be won!! :biggrin: TSR Book Quiz #3: 16th March 2024 📕 - The Student Room
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Pwca

thank you so muchhh 🤍🤍 looking forward to them too <3
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
There's been some interest recently in ways you can study together on TSR, so we've put together a new project where you do just that :smile:
Welcome to...

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

What is it?
Each week, TSR Community Staff will run a live Study Together thread :yep: This is open to all levels of study! You can come along during the session to tell others what you’re working on and then drop back in to encourage others and give an update on how it’s gone for you :u: This could mean sharing that you’ve improved a skill or absorbed some new information, or maybe you’ll want to vent about something you’re finding tough :s-smilie: Either way, it’ll be a social and supportive place to study alongside others and hopefully help to keep you on track! Everyone is welcome, whatever level of study you're at, and you're free to revise whatever you need to do during the sessions :smile:
When is it?
Sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. The first session will be next week, 20th February, and the final one will be 18th June.
Teams
To add a fun competitive element, we’ll be pitting you against each other depending on the subjects you’re studying :colone: It's STEM vs Humanities - Chemistry geeks vs history buffs, budding biologists vs the bookworms, maths whizzes vs intrepid geographers :fight:
If you want to take part, comment below which camp you’re in and I’ll assign you to your team. Perhaps you’re a Jack of all trades and you’re studying a mix of subjects? No problem, you can choose which team you want to be on I'm generous like that :wink2: Once you’re down to take part, I’ll tag you in each week’s Study Together session thread just before it starts. To be counted each week, I just need to know you've turned up at some point during the two hours :smile: No matter which team you're part of, you can study whatever you need to during the session.
Prizes
You can win rep prizes both for your individual efforts and as part of your team:
25 rep points will be awarded to you for each session you participate in :^_^:
50 rep points will be awarded on weeks where you’ve hit a study streak :rave: so if it’s the second session you’ve attended in a row, you’ll be awarded double points and get 50 rep points that week instead of the usual 25
We’ll also be awarding a whopping 500 rep points to each member of the team who win overall that means the team whose members have participated in the most sessions between them.
To make this as fair as possible, you must have participated in at least half of the 18 sessions to be included in your team’s prize :dancing2:
How to join in
Comment below letting me know which team you belong in and I'll tag you in our first session next week. It's that simple! :biggrin:
Upcoming session dates
26th March
2nd April
9th April
16th April
23rd April
30th April
7th May
14th May
21st May
28th May
Links to past sessions
1. 20th February 2024
2. 27th February 2024
3. 5th March 2024
4. 12th March 2024
5. 19th March 2024
Other Study Together groups
TSR Study Together: French Version
TSR Study Together: Spanish Version
TSR Study Together: German Version

this is so cool, can’t believe i only just came across it! studying chem, maths, bio, and religious studies; 3:1 so i guess im more team stem haha :tongue:
Original post by joeymac
this is so cool, can’t believe i only just came across it! studying chem, maths, bio, and religious studies; 3:1 so i guess im more team stem haha :tongue:

Welcome to the group! :biggrin:
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
There's been some interest recently in ways you can study together on TSR, so we've put together a new project where you do just that :smile:
Welcome to...

What is it?
Each week, TSR Community Staff will run a live Study Together thread :yep: This is open to all levels of study! You can come along during the session to tell others what you’re working on and then drop back in to encourage others and give an update on how it’s gone for you :u: This could mean sharing that you’ve improved a skill or absorbed some new information, or maybe you’ll want to vent about something you’re finding tough :s-smilie: Either way, it’ll be a social and supportive place to study alongside others and hopefully help to keep you on track! Everyone is welcome, whatever level of study you're at, and you're free to revise whatever you need to do during the sessions :smile:
When is it?
Sessions will run on Tuesday evenings from 4.30pm to 6.30pm. The first session will be next week, 20th February, and the final one will be 18th June.
Teams
To add a fun competitive element, we’ll be pitting you against each other depending on the subjects you’re studying :colone: It's STEM vs Humanities - Chemistry geeks vs history buffs, budding biologists vs the bookworms, maths whizzes vs intrepid geographers :fight:
If you want to take part, comment below which camp you’re in and I’ll assign you to your team. Perhaps you’re a Jack of all trades and you’re studying a mix of subjects? No problem, you can choose which team you want to be on I'm generous like that :wink2: Once you’re down to take part, I’ll tag you in each week’s Study Together session thread just before it starts. To be counted each week, I just need to know you've turned up at some point during the two hours :smile: No matter which team you're part of, you can study whatever you need to during the session.
Prizes
You can win rep prizes both for your individual efforts and as part of your team:
50 rep points will be awarded on weeks where you’ve hit a study streak :rave: so if it’s the second session you’ve attended in a row, you’ll be awarded double points and get 50 rep points that week instead of the usual 25
We’ll also be awarding a whopping 500 rep points to each member of the team who win overall that means the team whose members have participated in the most sessions between them.
To make this as fair as possible, you must have participated in at least half of the 18 sessions to be included in your team’s prize :dancing2:
How to join in
Comment below letting me know which team you belong in and I'll tag you in our first session next week. It's that simple! :biggrin:
Upcoming session dates
2nd April
9th April
16th April
23rd April
30th April
7th May
14th May
21st May
28th May
Links to past sessions
1. 20th February 2024
2. 27th February 2024
3. 5th March 2024
4. 12th March 2024
5. 19th March 2024
6. 26th March 2024

history english economics and maths (you can see the outlier lool)

team humanities let's goooo
FUN! I study Biology , Psychology and Computer Science so I'll sit on the STEM team 😀 I like this idea!!
Hello everyone, TSR Goes Green is back where across the site, you can engage in many conversations centring on the environment and nature! I've made a thread asking the question if studying can be made more sustainable! @5hyl33n has also made a thread asking if you study outside :biggrin:! Would love to know your thoughts in both threads :smile:!

Click the links below to get involved!

Can studying be made more sustainable? - The Student Room
TSR Goes Green: Do you study outside? - The Student Room
If you have been making your uni decisions, or are going to in the near future - this TSR Goes Green thread may interest you: Did the campus environment influence your uni decision?
Welcome to Study Together, @aspir0r and @purplebarney!
Original post by Pwca
Hello everyone!
Welcome to...

What is it?
When is it?
Teams
Prizes
How to join in
Upcoming session dates
2nd April
9th April
16th April
23rd April
30th April
7th May
14th May
21st May
28th May
Links to past sessions
1. 20th February 2024
2. 27th February 2024
3. 5th March 2024
4. 12th March 2024
5. 19th March 2024
6. 26th March 2024

hello @roslyn_ @bacchae @measley_weasley @dev.eshh @Gcsestudentof24 @fesselnd @inland-precision @TomcSixthForm as you guys have recently made 'grow your grades' blogs - thought you might be interested in this!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending