The Student Room Group

TFL Apprenticeship Scheme 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by m.ahmed33
Hey, just wondering if anyone else has applied for TfL’s apprenticeship scheme for a September 2024 start? :smile:

I’m on stage 2 for the recruitment resourcer one, so trying to prep for that asap.
Hi, I applied for the level 4 software development apprenticeship. I passed both stages and received an email today from TFL, where they said they will shortlist candidates and let me know about the status of my application within 4+ weeks.

I am TERRIFIED! I don’t know whether to rejoice or not…I’m happy that I passed the second stage as it was a little more intense than the first stage, but now I have to wait and worry about whether or not my personal project was good enough, or whether my CV needed updating with soft skills, or the fact that I should’ve completed a Python course and added that to my CV…

Sigh. It’s hard to not worry when I tried my hardest with my application, but I guess the only thing I can do is wait it out and upskill myself in the meantime.
Reply 21
Original post by Planetvnus
Hi, I applied for the level 4 software development apprenticeship. I passed both stages and received an email today from TFL, where they said they will shortlist candidates and let me know about the status of my application within 4+ weeks.

I am TERRIFIED! I don’t know whether to rejoice or not…I’m happy that I passed the second stage as it was a little more intense than the first stage, but now I have to wait and worry about whether or not my personal project was good enough, or whether my CV needed updating with soft skills, or the fact that I should’ve completed a Python course and added that to my CV…

Sigh. It’s hard to not worry when I tried my hardest with my application, but I guess the only thing I can do is wait it out and upskill myself in the meantime.
Hey 🙂

I had the same response and am really nervous too. If anything, I feel more confident in your application than mine haha.

I think I was pretty convincing, it’s just i’m currently on a technical apprenticeship (looking for a career switch), so i’m worried that I might come across as unprofessional/indecisive when really I’m learning about what I truly love doing and motivates me. I hope it’s enough to convince them.

In terms of coding, I did a project with SheCodes (paid like 50 quid, which was really worth it), where from knowing 0 to then creating a interactive website in a matter of 3 weeks. It’s instructor led where you get taught the basics and there’s tons of support. If you’re female, I’d recommend that as you can add the cert to your CV/ LinkedIn profile too 🙂

Good luck with your application!
Hey 🙂

I had the same response and am really nervous too. If anything, I feel more confident in your application than mine haha.

I think I was pretty convincing, it’s just i’m currently on a technical apprenticeship (looking for a career switch), so i’m worried that I might come across as unprofessional/indecisive when really I’m learning about what I truly love doing and motivates me. I hope it’s enough to convince them.

In terms of coding, I did a project with SheCodes (paid like 50 quid, which was really worth it), where from knowing 0 to then creating a interactive website in a matter of 3 weeks. It’s instructor led where you get taught the basics and there’s tons of support. If you’re female, I’d recommend that as you can add the cert to your CV/ LinkedIn profile too 🙂

Good luck with your application!
No way, I’m currently career switching too!! I did a Digital Marketing apprenticeship and found that although it was great experience, I didn’t really enjoy it long-term as much as I’d hoped I would, and I enjoy the challenge of coding.

Wow, thank you so much for that recommendation!! I’ll definitely check it out!
Reply 23
I really hope I do get into the AC. I am still offerless so I need an apprenticeship now. It looks like we will be waiting a long time tho judging from last year's forum like 6 weeks. It would be so jarring if I don't get into the AC because they didn't have enough space.
Reply 24
Original post by pjoby20
I really hope I do get into the AC. I am still offerless so I need an apprenticeship now. It looks like we will be waiting a long time tho judging from last year's forum like 6 weeks. It would be so jarring if I don't get into the AC because they didn't have enough space.
Just keep applying to loads of places - it kind of makes you feel better.

There’s also courses you can do to keep yourself busy in the meantime. I know how daunting it is waiting for a response. Good luck
Reply 25
Just keep applying to loads of places - it kind of makes you feel better.

There’s also courses you can do to keep yourself busy in the meantime. I know how daunting it is waiting for a response. Good luck
Yh true. Have you managed to get offers elsewhere? I should be finding out within the next 10 days if I got into the AC or not since they said they will try to give our outcome within four weeeks.
Reply 26
Original post by ukJ2090
Yh true. Have you managed to get offers elsewhere? I should be finding out within the next 10 days if I got into the AC or not since they said they will try to give our outcome within four weeeks.
I had one but had to decline because the journey was too far. Tbh, I haven’t applied to much rn due to personal circumstance, but looking to focus more soon as of this week :smile:

Eagerly looking out for a good response from TFL too 🥹
Got an AC invite about 30 mins ago
Original post by walkinginblood

Congrats!! :smile: for what role ?
Original post by Sabrina333555
Congrats!! :smile: for what role ?
General management, bit of a nightmare for me though as I don’t live in London and there’s two in person events I have to attend
General management, bit of a nightmare for me though as I don’t live in London and there’s two in person events I have to attend
Congratulations did they notify you by email or call you?
Original post by exclusiv360
Congratulations did they notify you by email or call you?
Email
Reply 32
Wait what no way congrats! What dates have they given for when u can do it?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by pjoby20
Wait what no way! What dates have they given for when u can do it?
19th and 21st march
Reply 34
19th and 21st march
Madd that’s good
Reply 35
19th and 21st march
good luck, hope everything goes well :smile:
Reply 36
Hey, just wondering if anyone else has applied for TfL’s apprenticeship scheme for a September 2024 start? :smile:

I’m on stage 2 for the recruitment resourcer one, so trying to prep for that asap.
Hey,I was just wondering what type of qs they asked in stage 2
Reply 37
Original post by Kkhamis
Hey,I was just wondering what type of qs they asked in stage 2
hi, for the ranking ones i can’t remember at all, but for the video questions you get unlimited prep time anyways

they were along the lines of what skills you want to develop? what interest you in TFL/role? what are the benefits of working with others? how will you manage deadlines for your apprenticeship?

Might not be word for word, but just an idea
hi, for the ranking ones i can’t remember at all, but for the video questions you get unlimited prep time anyways

they were along the lines of what skills you want to develop? what interest you in TFL/role? what are the benefits of working with others? how will you manage deadlines for your apprenticeship?

Might not be word for word, but just an idea
I just received an email earlier today saying they’re gonna tell us the results for the assessment centre tomorrow anyone else received this?
Reply 39
Original post by Ahmadkan158
I just received an email earlier today saying they’re gonna tell us the results for the assessment centre tomorrow anyone else received this?
oh dayum I have not.. Is that for all their schemes. Dayum gonna be stressing all day tomorrow then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending