The Student Room Group

TfL 2023 Apprenticeship Scheme

Hey everyone,

I've just applied for the TfL apprenticeship scheme. I saw that there was a graduate scheme thread but I'm applying for the general apprentice roles (i.e. with A-Levels). I was just wondering if there's anyone in the same boat on here. I thought it could help everyone with the application process.

Good luck to everyone who's applied or thinking of applying :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for the signalling and controls apprenticeship. Which one have you applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by mohw91
I've applied for the signalling and controls apprenticeship. Which one have you applied for?

Level 6 General Management. Good luck btw! :smile:

What stage have you got to so far? I’ve completed the Stage Two assessment so waiting to find out if I get invited to the AC or not…
Reply 3
Oh right. Good luck with that too!

Yeah, I'm through to stage 2. What kind of questions were asked? Was it hypothetical scenarios and strengths and values?
Reply 4
Original post by mohw91
Oh right. Good luck with that too!

Yeah, I'm through to stage 2. What kind of questions were asked? Was it hypothetical scenarios and strengths and values?

I won't give too much away to give everyone a fair chance. However, a lot of it was hypothetical scenarios like Stage One where you rank the orders of what you would do. From my observation, TfL looks a lot for independence and your aspiration to learn and accept responsibility for tasks and to do further research on opportunities. Stage One and Two are good at grasping if you're a right fit for TfL apprenticeship roles. So just be yourself as there's no point lying as you'll be disorientated when you're expected to act differently when working with TfL later on.

Stage Two involves video questions too where you see the question and have an unlimited amount of time to prepare (although TfL recommends 2-3 minutes) and then you have two minutes to answer the question via video after clicking record. You can't edit or delete the video after you've clicked record so make sure you're ready. I rehearsed the answers in my head and came up with a few points to answer the questions and just explained them in detail (but make sure you don't get cut off as two minutes flies by).

All I'll say is if you're really interested in TfL and the apprenticeship scheme you've applied for, then the video questions in Stage Two should be nice and easy to answer. They're not meant to throw you off. It's to show your interest and determination to apply for the scheme.

Best of luck again :smile: Hopefully we hear back soon as it's a perfect role for me as I really want to build a career with the company, especially in the field I've chosen.
Reply 5
Original post by ldnboy
I won't give too much away to give everyone a fair chance. However, a lot of it was hypothetical scenarios like Stage One where you rank the orders of what you would do. From my observation, TfL looks a lot for independence and your aspiration to learn and accept responsibility for tasks and to do further research on opportunities. Stage One and Two are good at grasping if you're a right fit for TfL apprenticeship roles. So just be yourself as there's no point lying as you'll be disorientated when you're expected to act differently when working with TfL later on.

Stage Two involves video questions too where you see the question and have an unlimited amount of time to prepare (although TfL recommends 2-3 minutes) and then you have two minutes to answer the question via video after clicking record. You can't edit or delete the video after you've clicked record so make sure you're ready. I rehearsed the answers in my head and came up with a few points to answer the questions and just explained them in detail (but make sure you don't get cut off as two minutes flies by).

All I'll say is if you're really interested in TfL and the apprenticeship scheme you've applied for, then the video questions in Stage Two should be nice and easy to answer. They're not meant to throw you off. It's to show your interest and determination to apply for the scheme.

Best of luck again :smile: Hopefully we hear back soon as it's a perfect role for me as I really want to build a career with the company, especially in the field I've chosen.

That is really helpful! I really want to get into the signalling and controls course as well as it's super operational and I love that. It puts my mind at ease as well knowing that there's unlimited time to prepare. I've done a pre-recorded interview before and it really isn't my cup of tea but hey ho.

Thanks a million once again. Hopefully, we both progress all the way through!
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard from TfL after Stage Two?
Original post by MissHokage
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard from TfL after Stage Two?

Yes I got an email saying I have passed the online assessments of stage two and will hear back if I am shortlisted within 4 weeks after they review the video interview portion.
Original post by ConnieStudies
Yes I got an email saying I have passed the online assessments of stage two and will hear back if I am shortlisted within 4 weeks after they review the video interview portion.

OkY thank you
Reply 9
Has anyone applied for business analyst apprentice role?
Original post by mohw91

Hey I applied for the Operations Signalling and Control apprenticeship as well. I’m going to complete Stage 1 tomorrow. How was stage 2 and what types of questions did they ask?
(edited 1 year ago)
Has anyone heard anything after stage 2 yet?
Reply 12
Has anyone heard anything after stage 2 yet?

Only the same as you - I've applied for Level 6 General Management and have received the email saying I was successful in passing the Stage Two assessment and will be contacted within four weeks with my outcome from the shortlisting process. They said they will email if they will take longer. Of course this is the generic email they send if you are successful. I will contact them if they haven't got back to me within 4-5 weeks to see if they're still processing my application and considering it. Good luck all :smile: (I was very relieved to be successful in passing Stage Two as I thought I messed up one or two questions as I ran out of things to say)

P.S. Has anyone heard about Assessment Centre (AC) yet?
Original post by ldnboy
Only the same as you - I've applied for Level 6 General Management and have received the email saying I was successful in passing the Stage Two assessment and will be contacted within four weeks with my outcome from the shortlisting process. They said they will email if they will take longer. Of course this is the generic email they send if you are successful. I will contact them if they haven't got back to me within 4-5 weeks to see if they're still processing my application and considering it. Good luck all :smile: (I was very relieved to be successful in passing Stage Two as I thought I messed up one or two questions as I ran out of things to say)

P.S. Has anyone heard about Assessment Centre (AC) yet?

Well done for getting through at least this stage. I hate how it’s split into two parts. I feel like I’m getting my hopes up a little. But good luck!
Reply 14
Well done for getting through at least this stage. I hate how it’s split into two parts. I feel like I’m getting my hopes up a little. But good luck!

Yes, me too. I hate the waiting game as it makes me doubt myself even more as I wasn't accepted straight away to the AC. I hope we get shortlisted. Best of luck to you too :smile:
Anyone have an update for the level 4 sde apprenticeship?
Original post by Anoni190
Anyone have an update for the level 4 sde apprenticeship?

Based on the date I got my last feedback I should hear tomorrow but I will email after Monday if not and I’ll let everyone know what they say.
Based on the date I got my last feedback I should hear tomorrow but I will email after Monday if not and I’ll let everyone know what they say.

My feedback should have been last week. I've emailed twice but received no response unfortunately.
Original post by Anoni190
My feedback should have been last week. I've emailed twice but received no response unfortunately.

Is that for stage 2? And also I emailed before and they got back to me the next day so I’m hoping it will be the same lol. TfL apprentice schemes are known to take a while to hear back but even if there is a delay it would be nice keep in the loop
Is that for stage 2? And also I emailed before and they got back to me the next day so I’m hoping it will be the same lol. TfL apprentice schemes are known to take a while to hear back but even if there is a delay it would be nice keep in the loop

I got told that I passed stage two, but they are still deciding for the test center. This was over 5 weeks ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending