The Student Room Group

Geography NEA - Data Presentation

I am working on my Geography NEA and I'm not sure how to present my data. For context my working title is: How does an area with higher rates of deprivation correlate with the rates of criminal activity.

I have studied 3 different areas with different deprivation levels and I did a questionaire in each area asking people a number of questions on how safe they feel in the area, what types of crime is most prominent, the gender (stuff like that).

And I don't know how to pick a presentation method without having hundreds of graphs for each individual question for each area (like one for area 1: gender, area 2: gender, area 3: gender, area 1: most prominant crime, etc etc)

Is there a way that I can present 3 graphs for each area with all the information in one graph? Or another method that won't result in so many graphs?

My exam board is OCR but I don't think thats too important.

Thanks!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by madswilliams
I am working on my Geography NEA and I'm not sure how to present my data. For context my working title is: How does an area with higher rates of deprivation correlate with the rates of criminal activity.

I have studied 3 different areas with different deprivation levels and I did a questionaire in each area asking people a number of questions on how safe they feel in the area, what types of crime is most prominent, the gender (stuff like that).

And I don't know how to pick a presentation method without having hundreds of graphs for each individual question for each area (like one for area 1: gender, area 2: gender, area 3: gender, area 1: most prominant crime, etc etc)

Is there a way that I can present 3 graphs for each area with all the information in one graph? Or another method that won't result in so many graphs?

My exam board is OCR but I don't think thats too important.

Thanks!!

I’m not the best to advise really - but could you do a line graph for each area on one graph if that makes sense ? How many words have you done for yours ?
Original post by ilovelemons
I’m not the best to advise really - but could you do a line graph for each area on one graph if that makes sense ? How many words have you done for yours ?
I have done 4000 words. But I was hoping to find a complex way to present some of my data on a chart?

Quick Reply

Latest