The Student Room Group

pathway to pathology

to do pathology do I have to go through a medicine route. my gcse results are probably too bad to be accepted into med as I mainly got 5s
Reply 1
Original post by sg.0
to do pathology do I have to go through a medicine route. my gcse results are probably too bad to be accepted into med as I mainly got 5s

A pathologist is a medical Dr, yes, and you need a medical degree.
Do you have any WP flags, as that may lower GCSE requirements? If not, there may still be a few places that would be options
Reply 2
Original post by GANFYD
A pathologist is a medical Dr, yes, and you need a medical degree.
Do you have any WP flags, as that may lower GCSE requirements? If not, there may still be a few places that would be options

thought so. just didn't know if there were any alternate pathways into the job. what are wp flags?
Reply 3
Original post by sg.0
thought so. just didn't know if there were any alternate pathways into the job. what are wp flags?

Widening participation, so certain postcodes, schools, care leaver, etc
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD
Widening participation, so certain postcodes, schools, care leaver, etc

oh no other than divorced parents but im not sure if that is one as their incomes are fine. I've been thinking ab seeing if I can Get dyslexia diagnosis but if that doesn't lower the acceptance grades I won't go to the hassle.
Reply 5
Original post by sg.0
oh no other than divorced parents but im not sure if that is one as their incomes are fine. I've been thinking ab seeing if I can Get dyslexia diagnosis but if that doesn't lower the acceptance grades I won't go to the hassle.

Divorced parents per se would not be a WP flag.
Dyslexia does not usually lower requirements as it is expected that edjustments are made by schools/exam boards, but if it was undiagnosed it may possiby count as extenuating circumstances
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending