The Student Room Group

ADHD: what to do when I;m studying but keep getting information overload?

Lately as soon as I sit to study and read a few lines, my mind goes foggy with information. I take rests and go about it again, do some work, and then I'm foggy all over again. I don't want to keep getting these rests because It's a waste of precious time
Have you been diagnosed? Medication can be very helpful! Exercising also helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Have you been diagnosed? Medication can be very helpful! Exercising also helps!

Thanks for asking, I'm on the waiting list ☹️ Medication would be life-changing, unless I can get a random one om amazon? But idk how safe that would be, hence why I didn't buy them yet. But I exhibit most/nearly all symptoms. I'll take your advice of exercising, gym first thing in the morning today
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Sha.xo527

Thanks for asking, I'm on the waiting list ☹️ Medication would be life-changing, unless I can get a random one om amazon? But idk how safe that would be, hence why I didn't buy them yet. But I exhibit most/nearly all symptoms. I'll take your advice of exercising, gym first thing in the morning today

I would definitely get a prescription from a doctor; self-medicating can easily make things worse (as you know, our ADHD can easily make us impulsive with those meds).

Light cardio before studying should be helpful. Try time blocking as well—you’ve heard of the pomodoro technique right? The key is to decide what you want to accomplish at the beginning of each session (say, read however many pages or write however many words), then focus on just that and the time constraint can be helpful in gamifying the experience.

Also, remember that you don’t have to read everything. Scan the structure of your reading first and always keep the big picture in mind as you read the details.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending