The Student Room Group

what kind of books should I read that is useful for my uni application(Econ)

I mean that I can learn a lot from it, and mention it in my personal statement
(edited 2 months ago)
I would strongly recommend that you read books on economics topics that you personally find interesting.

Your PS is about your academic interests so it’s important to follow your interests instead of a generic tick list of books
Agreed, listing book titles is a recipe for disaster, so finding something you personally find engaging and then reflecting on it critically is key.
Original post by JayJeong

Hi @JayJeong
Try to find some books or articles about a particular topic your interested in, as this is crucial. Then in your personal statement you could maybe talk about any new ideas you gained from then and maybe how your perspective on the topic has changed, or gotten deeper from reading the books. Its important you show your passion for wanting to do the extra reading. There's other activities you can do to show this other than reading, see if there are any online webinars about a particular topic happening that you could attend for instance.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by JayJeong

Hiya!

As I couldn't tell you specifically which books, I would recommend looking at books online, or in person at a (or the University's) library. This is because, or at least for my class when we are set additional readings, the majority of the sources are via the library as they are easy to access for students - so perhaps you can find some resources on economics that the university may use itself. To find specific themes, that will be useful for the course, look at the modules that are taught within as this will give you a guide as to what you will be taught.

I hope this helps, and the other replies have also suggested some really helpful information and advice!
-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending