The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Choosing University

I got offer letter from Surrey and Kingston University but I'm confused bcz for Kingston i need to travel for 15 min and for surrey i need to travel 1.5hr or more from the place I'm living in what would i choose?
If travel time is your only consideration why not study with OU and never leave the house?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got offer letter from Surrey and Kingston University but I'm confused bcz for Kingston i need to travel for 15 min and for surrey i need to travel 1.5hr or more from the place I'm living in what would i choose?

Hi there @anonymous #1, congratulations on receiving an offer from Kingston University! Aside from travel time, I think it is also important to consider the different modules each course is offering. I recommend visiting us at one of our Offer Holder Days or Open Days to speak to some of our current students and academic staff to get a feel if Kingston is the right fit for you. I would especially recommend viewing the the wonderful open access design and print making facilities Kingston has to offer! Please let me know if you have any questions about life in Kingston and I will do my best to answer them 🙂

Zhi En
(Kingston Student Rep.)
If you are commuting from your home, are you really prepared for a 3 hour round trip each time you have to go in? minimum?
That seems a no brainer to me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi there!

I recommend visiting the course page of each university, reading through the specific modules, student feedback, and videos, to come to a decision.

Regarding travel, I don't know your exact circumstances, such as what transport you'll be taking, but I'm sure there are ways to cut the travel time even a little. I also travel 1.5 hours to uni, so I've adjusted my timetable with timetabling to fit my needs; I now have less days where I need to be on campus, in exchange for fuller days when I am in. Also, I'm in the process of getting a driving licence, which will hopefully cut my commute by almost 30 min each way, most days.

Make sure you enjoy the university you decide to study at, because it can be a big factor in whether you're successful or not.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending