The Student Room Group

Need advice on occupational specalism task 2 (T-Level DPDD)

I do not know how much documentation for task 2 I actually need to do. I did a mock recently and got a Merit, and my tutor did not have any feedback on my documentation, just feedback on some minor improvements for the solution and including screenshots in the testing. What I find so concerning is that I am practically screenshotting every line of code I write, and then if I change that line of code I document the change. The documentation ends up being about 80 ish pages. This takes an enourmous amount of time and it means I am rushed to do testing and actually implement the solution.

The distinction example has absouletely no development documentation, and instead only shows the end code with the corresponding page and a brief explanation of that page, this does not seem correct and my tutor has told me to ignore anything pearson does. I also have a very small amount of time to screenshot the pages, explain what it does and then screenshot the code for said page at the end. In total I end up with near 150 pages just for task 2 documentation alone. What is the correct one here?
Reply 1
Original post by n3blackburn
I do not know how much documentation for task 2 I actually need to do. I did a mock recently and got a Merit, and my tutor did not have any feedback on my documentation, just feedback on some minor improvements for the solution and including screenshots in the testing. What I find so concerning is that I am practically screenshotting every line of code I write, and then if I change that line of code I document the change. The documentation ends up being about 80 ish pages. This takes an enourmous amount of time and it means I am rushed to do testing and actually implement the solution.
The distinction example has absouletely no development documentation, and instead only shows the end code with the corresponding page and a brief explanation of that page, this does not seem correct and my tutor has told me to ignore anything pearson does. I also have a very small amount of time to screenshot the pages, explain what it does and then screenshot the code for said page at the end. In total I end up with near 150 pages just for task 2 documentation alone. What is the correct one here?

Bit late cause I know task 2 starts again next week but I would advise doing the documentation at the end when you have developed everything and use screenshots of the code and the page and writing about it. Another tip is when you're creating the test log don't screenshot every test u do regarding minor errors as they don't go towards any marks and take too much time so I would advice making sure u do at least one different type of test and mainly focus on testing your calculations.
Original post by AKNH
Bit late cause I know task 2 starts again next week but I would advise doing the documentation at the end when you have developed everything and use screenshots of the code and the page and writing about it. Another tip is when you're creating the test log don't screenshot every test u do regarding minor errors as they don't go towards any marks and take too much time so I would advice making sure u do at least one different type of test and mainly focus on testing your calculations.

any videos or websites to help code the zoo app would help a lot or anything at all. I need help:smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by dancedolphin2801
any videos or websites to help code the zoo app would help a lot or anything at all. I need help:smile:)

Im currently looking at this video for creating the login and signup page + a database which I struggled with on the first week
https://youtu.be/HQwVH_2b9AE?si=osTYFmRAS6mqABvH

but for the other stuff I'm not to sure might find some stuff on git hub and change it/ integretate it into my work :smile:
Original post by AKNH
Im currently looking at this video for creating the login and signup page + a database which I struggled with on the first week
but for the other stuff I'm not to sure might find some stuff on git hub and change it/ integretate it into my work :smile:

yeah that's what i am trying to do too omg same i struggled so much in the first week glad i found someone like that too and doing the same course as me god i pray for you that you do well and get the grades you want
Original post by AKNH

thanks for this btw lmk if you find anything else i will of course do the same:smile:)
Reply 6
yeah that's what i am trying to do too omg same i struggled so much in the first week glad i found someone like that too and doing the same course as me god i pray for you that you do well and get the grades you want
Hope u get your grades as well. I kinda know what grades Im going to get just need to make sure that get a merit in the OS
Original post by AKNH
Hope u get your grades as well. I kinda know what grades Im going to get just need to make sure that get a merit in the OS

omg same well tbh i don't think it matters but just in case
Reply 8
omg same well tbh i don't think it matters but just in case

yh fr praying to god
Original post by AKNH
yh fr praying to god

yeah fingers crossed for both of us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending