The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Genetic and Genomic Counselling MSc Cardiff University 2023 applicants

Hello, haven’t seen a thread yet for the 2023 year and thought I’d create one. I’m a late applicant, so hoping they would consider my application!

Scroll to see replies

Hello! Thanks for making a thread! I hope they do consider you! I've just got an email for an interview and am a bundle of nerves!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
well noone seems to want to talk about it.. but I just had my interview today.. so this seems a good place to vent! My anxiety took over me and it didn't go well so I hope the best for everyone else interviewing.. but im also slightly jealous. but they don't send out the results till the beginning of june!
Original post by SaVAViSA75
well noone seems to want to talk about it.. but I just had my interview today.. so this seems a good place to vent! My anxiety took over me and it didn't go well so I hope the best for everyone else interviewing.. but im also slightly jealous. but they don't send out the results till the beginning of june!

I have my interview tomorrow and I’m so nervous!
Omg i was the same im sure you're going to do soo much better than me ! Good luck!
Original post by SaVAViSA75
Omg i was the same im sure you're going to do soo much better than me ! Good luck!

Thank you!! I’m sure you did better than you think! After interviews you tend to dwell on what went wrong rather than what you did well
Thanks @Bojessie for starting this thread. I hope your interview went well @charl0ttemary

@SaVAViSA75 I hope you are feeling ok now. It can be so horrible feeling like something like this hasn't gone well and the wait can add to that. If it's any help, I'm really disappointed with how I think I must have come across in mine yesterday too. The interviewers were kind and tried to help me out but in my nerves I felt I still didn't really answer their questions properly and of course as soon as I left the meeting my thoughtful prepared answers and examples came to me in perfect clarity. I've had a giggle reading job interview stories that people have kindly shared to help posters feel better on other forums in response to this kind of thing, which has helped me see the funny side (I even gave the wrong name of a country when talking about my presentation and didn't twig until much later!) Not feeling too optimistic about my score this time but hopefully all good practice for next year if I get through to interview again.

I was impressed with the application and interview process which was really efficient and liked how comprehensive it is.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
anyone here already got an offer letter to pursue the master?
Original post by weiyuan89
anyone here already got an offer letter to pursue the master?

Yes received it today!!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by charl0ttemary
Yes received it today!!

Nice congrats! I was listed in reserve list. Still hoping :smile:
Hi there:smile:

Current Cardiff Uni student here!

Please let me know if you have any questions that I can help with

Jaz - Cardiff Student Rep
@CardiffUni Rep thank you for joining the thread!

Congratulations to those with offers, and on the reserve list too. I've seen posters on threads from previous years who got places from reserve list after others accepted offers elsewhere for example @weiyuan89 so fingers crossed.

I have an informal offer and really hope a placement can be secured. @charl0ttemary have you done the occupational health tasks yet? I think the occupational health just needs to be done before placement which I hope is the case as it might take me a while to get some of the info!
Original post by MScresearching
@CardiffUni Rep thank you for joining the thread!

Congratulations to those with offers, and on the reserve list too. I've seen posters on threads from previous years who got places from reserve list after others accepted offers elsewhere for example @weiyuan89 so fingers crossed.

I have an informal offer and really hope a placement can be secured. @charl0ttemary have you done the occupational health tasks yet? I think the occupational health just needs to be done before placement which I hope is the case as it might take me a while to get some of the info!

Nope haven’t done the occupational health but yet, I’m sure it’s only a requirement for placement so if you don’t get it done before the start date I’m sure it’ll be fine. I’m hoping to get it done before we start but like you I need some more information and not sure when I will be able to get it
Reply 13
Original post by CardiffUni Rep

Hi Jaz

Thanks so much for reaching out! I'm excited to be starting this September 2023 :u:

Can you give any advice on a reading list for this term, please? Feel free to DM me :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Bojessie
Hello, haven’t seen a thread yet for the 2023 year and thought I’d create one. I’m a late applicant, so hoping they would consider my application!

Is there anyone out there joining the 2023 GC intake ?! I'm a Senior Clinical Scientist in the NHS and am branching into GC - something I've worked on for the last few years :smile:

I'd love to hear from others joining the course in September and hear a bit about your background. It's nice learning how everyones journey led them to this point.

Bay
Hi Bay, I've sent you a message.

I was also wondering if others would like to join a WhatsApp or Facebook group for 2023 entry?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by charl0ttemary
Nope haven’t done the occupational health but yet, I’m sure it’s only a requirement for placement so if you don’t get it done before the start date I’m sure it’ll be fine. I’m hoping to get it done before we start but like you I need some more information and not sure when I will be able to get it

Thanks. It sounds like some delay is ok, and the occupational health questionnaire can't be submitted at the moment anyway due to system upgrades!
Original post by MScresearching
Hi Bay, I've sent you a message.

I was also wondering if others would like to join a WhatsApp or Facebook group for 2023 entry?

Yes please I would like to!
Reply 18
Original post by CardiffUni Rep

Any current or former students of Cardiff's GC course, please get in touch!!! We would love to hear your experience, recommendations on study approach and key tips :smile:

We have a whatsapp group for all 2023 GC entrants, so DM me :h:
Original post by Bay2040
Hi Jaz

Thanks so much for reaching out! I'm excited to be starting this September 2023 :u:

Can you give any advice on a reading list for this term, please? Feel free to DM me :smile:

Hi!

Good luck for September! This isn't my course so I have no insight on the reading list, unfortunately. However, if you need more information to help you prepare, please feel free to email the School of Medicine. Here is access to a form to ask more questions.

I hope this helps :smile:

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending