The Student Room Group

Pgce placement

I am starting my pgce placement on Monday, the university sorced the placement for me, I've been trying to contact the school but the receptionist said I can't speak to the headteacher as he hasn't asked to speak to me, but that's who the uni have told me to report to. I've tried emailing and had no response, I don't know what time or anything I will be in, what year group or what I am expected to do before my first day.

I'm really stressed about it all as I have until Friday to find out the information... any advice of what I should do?
Reply 1
Original post by Nicoleg1996
I am starting my pgce placement on Monday, the university sorced the placement for me, I've been trying to contact the school but the receptionist said I can't speak to the headteacher as he hasn't asked to speak to me, but that's who the uni have told me to report to. I've tried emailing and had no response, I don't know what time or anything I will be in, what year group or what I am expected to do before my first day.

I'm really stressed about it all as I have until Friday to find out the information... any advice of what I should do?

What scheme are you on? It's VERY early to be going into a school.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
What scheme are you on? It's VERY early to be going into a school.

Everyone on my course is starting first placement on Monday. It's primary, maybe different for secondary but our placements all start 2nd October:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Nicoleg1996
Everyone on my course is starting first placement on Monday. It's primary, maybe different for secondary but our placements all start 2nd October:smile:

It this a SCITT or is it uni-led. It is early honestly.
Reply 4

I think that depends on the uni. I was in for the last week of September last year and I know this year's cohort started their placements this week. We had two full weeks in uni to start then two weeks observing only in school with Fridays in uni. I was uni-led.

Yeah me too, I don't start my first placement until 30th October
Reply 6
I got sorted, the school got in touch, start on Monday! Guess all uni's are different with the dates
Reply 7
Original post by ChammyFTT
I think that depends on the uni. I was in for the last week of September last year and I know this year's cohort started their placements this week. We had two full weeks in uni to start then two weeks observing only in school with Fridays in uni. I was uni-led.

If you are only observing then that's different ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending