The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college law rejection

Just received my rejection from King's, because my 'admission test score was not competitive.'
I'm mostly just confused what this exactly this means given that I got a 30 in my Lnat and predicted all distinctions.
I don't mind a rejection, but the wording has worried me for my unis I'm still waiting on. Does anyone know what this wording means exactly?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just received my rejection from King's, because my 'admission test score was not competitive.'
I'm mostly just confused what this exactly this means given that I got a 30 in my Lnat and predicted all distinctions.
I don't mind a rejection, but the wording has worried me for my unis I'm still waiting on. Does anyone know what this wording means exactly?

hi! i also received one, and my lnat was 29. i’m predicted A*AA. i’m thinking of writing to them to ask for a further explanation because 😭😭
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #2
hi! i also received one, and my lnat was 29. i’m predicted A*AA. i’m thinking of writing to them to ask for a further explanation because 😭😭

same here, i got 28 and same predicted. sucks tbh
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #3
same here, i got 28 and same predicted. sucks tbh

do you think it’s because kcl is so oversubscribed? or did everyone else just do amazingly well in the lnat 😭😭
Original post by Anonymous #1

yh got rejected with 28, hella confused asw icl
Original post by nj8
do you think it’s because kcl is so oversubscribed? or did everyone else just do amazingly well in the lnat 😭😭

maybe people did super well in the LNAT because they said that my test results weren't sufficient, even tho im predicted a*aa with mitigating circumstances
Reply 6
maybe people did super well in the LNAT because they said that my test results weren't sufficient, even tho im predicted a*aa with mitigating circumstances

me too :frown:( i saw on another thread that kcl are only accepting 30+ for home students which sucks. but there’s still hope for ucl and lse 🤞🏽🤞🏽 someone also said they think kcl is trying to match the prestige of ucl and kcl through their high admissions requirement…
Original post by nj8
me too :frown:( i saw on another thread that kcl are only accepting 30+ for home students which sucks. but there’s still hope for ucl and lse 🤞🏽🤞🏽 someone also said they think kcl is trying to match the prestige of ucl and kcl through their high admissions requirement…

apparently UCL are harder tho so it scares me, but lse are kinder. got offer from qmu tho...
Reply 8
apparently UCL are harder tho so it scares me, but lse are kinder. got offer from qmu tho...

i’ve seen people get in with 25/26 in their LNAT. i think it massively depends on your essay, because i’ve seen a lot of rejections based off the essay. and for LSE i’ve seen 26/27 being accepted. also congrats on your offer from qmu!!
same...absolutely gutted cause it was literally my dream uni. This is also so unfair to us because they've accepted scores such as 14 and 18 in the past years and now suddenly they wanna go 30+?
Original post by Anonymous #2

same! got rejected with 29 lnat and 3A*s predicted

one isn’t harder than the other they just value different things, LSE are personal statement heavy, UCL use lnat essay a lot and personal statement

Quick Reply

Latest