The Student Room Group

Finding Training Courses That Lead to QTLS.

Hi,

I'm a postgrad with an MA and a background in English Lit/TEFL teaching. I have just over 2 years UK teaching experience in FE and looking to get QTLS. I have looked on the following webpage for a list of 'official' course that lead to QTLS,

https://set.et-foundation.co.uk/help/qtls-help/eligible-ite-qualifications

The one that confuses me the most is: the "Cambridge ESOL Level 4/5 Certificate in FE Teaching (Stage 3)". i have searched online for this, and all that comes up is CELTA as it is a level 5 qualification. I have a CELTA certificate, but in no way am I in the slightest belief it leads to QTLS. So what the heck is this website going on about?

The second one is the "Professional Recognition Learning & Skills (ESOL)" which I can't find anywhere. I'm under the impression these aren't the names of specific courses, but some general, unhelpful jargon that may elude to a myriad of courses elsewhere.

A teaching course with a focus on TEFL/ESOL which leads to QTLS would be amazing if it exists. Has anyone ever heard of one? Extremely unlikely, but I probably got so much more luck finding out here than trying to navigate this website!

I have known about the level 5 diploma in education and training, but the problem is that the FE centres I have worked for are very twitchy about me funding this course myself and being observed and logging the 100 necessary teaching hours. so this route is out due to Brexitland's atrocious private sector.

Like the assessment only route you can get with QTS (I'm not eligible for QTS, and I do not want to pursue one), does anyone know of a pure assessment route to QTLS? If it exists, I may be pretty much eligible for it.
Hi,

There is a range of information out there and it is confusing, but I suggest you start by reading the following information with further links, here

Good Luck
Aly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending