The Student Room Group

Has anyone heard of a company called 'Career Change'?

I've been unemployed now for about 4 months and I'm beginning to lose hope. I've applied for hundreds of roles, I've had maybe 7 interviews but had no offer yet. I've come across an application for a company called 'Career Change'. It provides paid training courses which leads to an exam and they claim to guarantee work after completion. I'm interested in a cyber security application they have. It consists of a online training courses for Comp TI A+ exams. After finishing the courses, they claim to guarantee a job offer as an IT technician which then leads to a career as a cyber security analyst after a few years experience. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company as I want to check if it's legit and also whether anyone had done any courses with them?
Original post by RossM7
I've been unemployed now for about 4 months and I'm beginning to lose hope. I've applied for hundreds of roles, I've had maybe 7 interviews but had no offer yet. I've come across an application for a company called 'Career Change'. It provides paid training courses which leads to an exam and they claim to guarantee work after completion. I'm interested in a cyber security application they have. It consists of a online training courses for Comp TI A+ exams. After finishing the courses, they claim to guarantee a job offer as an IT technician which then leads to a career as a cyber security analyst after a few years experience. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this company as I want to check if it's legit and also whether anyone had done any courses with them?

All these companies that offer to train graduates in employment relevant skills and then guarantee employment are 'legit' in terms of legal structure but very dubious in terms of the need and fairness of what they offer.

Basically they are praying on the increasing pool of graduates who have degrees that employers don't think are competitive, or graduates who are frightened about their employment prospects. They are preying on the surplus of low-quality degree programmes and the graduates who are entering an over-saturated market.

When you check the small print of the course completion and the employment guarantee you will find that the risk always lies with the graduate. You will have to take certain offers or pay their costs back, you will have to complete the first job appointment or pay their costs back etc.

Much better that entering any of these schemes is to focus on learning how to make yourself competitive in the employment market, which means gettign every ounce of support out of your Uni careers service, using services like TSR to get careers advice, learning how to make an effective job application, learning how to interview effectively, using your time to volunteer and CV build etc. This route will give you much more freedom to control your destiny and much less risk of racking up further debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending