The Student Room Group

exams on may

i am super stress omg i wasted my time and i need advice asap okay i want to achieve 7-9s okay for all the subjects and i already have one which i am confident of getting 7 and above and the rest not so much i take 6 subjects bio,che,geo,eng,math and bsuinesss i do igcse edexel i am suoper stressed and scared and u can lowkey tell in this mssg lmaoo okay so i obviously have some background knowlege for chem and the others but i dont know the content at all like loiterally and there is literally what ramadan in 16 days and its gonna be hard to revise during ramadan but gonna be making them duas inshallah but give me advice and tips i wanna finish the content by may 3rd and the rest past papers but there is literally mocks... on march 7th so advice please how to finish the content for 3 subjects cause geography super easy almost done ,math is just practice and english easy as well no content to really do so advise me especially on biology , chem is my easiest science dont really have a problem but with only 68 days until may 1st do u think it is possible
And breathe ...!!

My main advice would be to make a plan so you know all the topics you need to study, and allocate a time for revising each of them. So, map out your 68 days - knock off the days when you know you won't be able to do any work (eg if you have a birthday or something!). Then write a list of all the topics/areas you want to cover. Fill in your plan with what you will do each day, and then stick to it.

For revision, past papers and questions are usually best at this point, so don't waste time with coloured pens and highlighters. 30 mins of solid thinking and working out is better than 4 hours of underlining notes.
Original post by idekkkkkk399
i am super stress omg i wasted my time and i need advice asap okay i want to achieve 7-9s okay for all the subjects and i already have one which i am confident of getting 7 and above and the rest not so much i take 6 subjects bio,che,geo,eng,math and bsuinesss i do igcse edexel i am suoper stressed and scared and u can lowkey tell in this mssg lmaoo okay so i obviously have some background knowlege for chem and the others but i dont know the content at all like loiterally and there is literally what ramadan in 16 days and its gonna be hard to revise during ramadan but gonna be making them duas inshallah but give me advice and tips i wanna finish the content by may 3rd and the rest past papers but there is literally mocks... on march 7th so advice please how to finish the content for 3 subjects cause geography super easy almost done ,math is just practice and english easy as well no content to really do so advise me especially on biology , chem is my easiest science dont really have a problem but with only 68 days until may 1st do u think it is possible
Hi @idekkkkkk399,

I'm sorry to hear that you're super stressed right now. I have some tips that might help:

First of all, I would devise a revision timetable to help me stay on track and organised. In terms of my science subjects, I followed a rigorous routine that worked well for me. After my mocks, I tried to identify the topics I needed more revision on and tackled those first. I also worked alongside my specification points and treated it almost as a checklist of topics I've covered and have yet to cover.

The specification is so underrated and super useful because it told me exactly what I need to know for your exam. Which diagrams, what definitions, any processes and mechanisms were all stated in the spec points. Per day I would try to cover all the bullet points under one topic per subject. I would revise the topic with my textbook, or online resources and use them to refine any notes I've already made. Finally, with the content for the topic I had just revised, I would put it into practice by attempting topical questions. Topical questions (or past papers in general) was the most useful revision technique throughout all my subjects as I found that it made me more familiar with the layout, format and type of questions I would expect in my final exams.

I hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Hiya, I suggest finding a checklist of all the topics in each of your GCSEs and using it to rate your knowledge Red Amber or Green depending on how well you know the subject or don’t. I would then create a revision timetable off of this and reevaluate your knowledge after each session trying to get every subject green.

Quick Reply

Latest