The Student Room Group

GSS Apprenticeship 2024

Has anyone else applied to the level 6 Data Science degree apprenticeship?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yep, I have. Got my interview in a couple days
Original post by ljkaras

What day
Reply 3
Original post by ljkaras

same, good luck!! what's your preferred location?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by thebluebear
same, good luck!! what's your preferred location?

Mines tomorrow for Manchester
Reply 5
Original post by hhh12345678910
Mines tomorrow for Manchester

good luck!! you're gonna smash it :smile:
mine's wednesday for london

Thanks. Good luck with yours
Reply 7
Thanks! I had it today for LDN. It didnt go great tbh. Anyone know what departments take apprentices on this scheme?
Original post by ljkaras
Thanks! I had it today for LDN. It didnt go great tbh. Anyone know what departments take apprentices on this scheme?

What were the questions like. Hopefully you’ve done well.
I’m not sure which departments take on apprentices
Original post by ljkaras

Don't worry too much about it, it's an achievement to have been invited at all and at the very least you gained some experience :smile:

Looking at previous threads the department of health has offered a place before but it may depend on availability

How did the interview go

How'd it go?
Original post by hhh12345678910
How did the interview go

Original post by mojebow259
How'd it go?

faced sooooo many issues with technology/bad internet connection which was just perfect. presentation could have gone better but the follow-up questions weren't too bad. the questions relating to the success profiles were okay but struggled with one of them. we'll see but honestly no high hopes, just glad it's over :smile:
Hopefully all goes well
Reply 15
I guess we find out next week if we immediately get a job or if we are on waiting list? Hopefully they let us know on Monday, I hate ŵaiting
Original post by ljkaras
I guess we find out next week if we immediately get a job or if we are on waiting list? Hopefully they let us know on Monday, I hate ŵaiting

There’s interviews next week aswell so it might be after next week
Original post by ljkaras
I did yeah. I thought after the pres it would all be competencies based eg describe a situation where you did x, so i did hours preparing for those. Zero prep for the question types they asked. Really frustrated that they werent clearer on what the questioning would involve, especially when its the most BS hoop-jumping part of the interview ☹️

Yeah it surprised me as well that they asked competency questions when it was never stated
Original post by sorrytobethatguy
Hey could you take that down so people don't get an advantage? PS mine went a little rough hahha

Didn’t realise 😂
Original post by sorrytobethatguy
Hey could you take that down so people don't get an advantage? PS mine went a little rough hahha

The questions were quite hard so everyone’s probably in the position.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending