The Student Room Group

What A-Level Economics entails?

What type of content does it consist of? Is it similar to Geography where there are essays where you need to provide contextual and statistical evidence from memory? Is it just a case of needing to memorise all the content and knowing how to apply it off by heart?
Reply 1
it would be good to know key figures. it would be helpful to know stuff like:

target for inflation (2%)

the UK's current interest rate (5.25% i think??)

goals for employment (full employment - ie. everyone working)

the trade deficit can be 5% less that GDP and still be classed as sustainable

But those are things that will be engrained in your mind without much effort, since we talk about it so much. no, it's not like geography in the sense that there are case studies to remember. however, there are 25 markers which don't have an extract, and so you should have general economic/business awareness + facts that you can put into the essay (so read the news!!!)

the content is micro (businesses + people) and macro (large scale economics - government, trade, the world)

anything else let me know!! i love economics its my favourite subject :smile:
Original post by aloevera4
it would be good to know key figures. it would be helpful to know stuff like:

target for inflation (2%)

the UK's current interest rate (5.25% i think??)

goals for employment (full employment - ie. everyone working)

the trade deficit can be 5% less that GDP and still be classed as sustainable

But those are things that will be engrained in your mind without much effort, since we talk about it so much. no, it's not like geography in the sense that there are case studies to remember. however, there are 25 markers which don't have an extract, and so you should have general economic/business awareness + facts that you can put into the essay (so read the news!!!)

the content is micro (businesses + people) and macro (large scale economics - government, trade, the world)

anything else let me know!! i love economics its my favourite subject :smile:

I completely agree with this! My favourite subject is also economics 😁. I started seeing the world through a different lens since I started economics in A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest