The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics modules

Hi!

I’ve applied to BA Geography at UCL and LSE and I’m interested in their economics modules. In first year to study a micro and macroeconomics module you need A level Maths. Then looking at second and third year a lot of the economic geography modules they require or strongly recommend that you’ve taken the macro and microeconomics modules. Now big issue is I don’t have maths A level I realised I liked economics way to far into AS and now I’m quite worried they wouldn’t let me apply to these modules in year one. We do a but of stats in bio and geo and I could try learn A level maths calculus and stats myself in the summer. Do you guys have any tips on what to so? Or should I just give up on the economics thought all together.
LSE has micro & macro econ modules available to students on the Geography degree, inter alia, which do not require knowledge of calculus. Look up EC1A5 & EC1B5.

In case you didn’t know, there’s a strong emphasis on maths & coding in nearly all LSE degrees so anything that helps boost math skills can only benefit you in the long run. Maybe take a MOOC?

https://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/calendar/courseGuides/EC/2023_EC1A5.htm
(edited 2 months ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending