The Student Room Group

Junior roles or Up

Hi as a graduate do I only have the right to applying for Junior roles considering I’m fairly new and have a lack of experience into the field I wish to go into or is it worth applying for positions that look for experienced candidates.
Original post by User_name001
Hi as a graduate do I only have the right to applying for Junior roles considering I’m fairly new and have a lack of experience into the field I wish to go into or is it worth applying for positions that look for experienced candidates.

You can try for whatever you want, the results will tell you whether you were right or not. If you can't write a strong CV and aren't getting to interviews, you probably need to aim lower.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You can try for whatever you want, the results will tell you whether you were right or not. If you can't write a strong CV and aren't getting to interviews, you probably need to aim lower.

What websites would you recommend for entry level jobs in ICT. And jobs in IT support please.
Original post by User_name001
What websites would you recommend for entry level jobs in ICT. And jobs in IT support please.
i'd recommend setting up a great long list of bookmarks for employers where you live/want to live. Everywhere has IT/ICT so look at local universities, hospitals, councils etc because they have large IT teams and a relatively high turnover of staff. Then local companies, schools, etc.

For entry level, the challenge is that you rarely have anything that really sets you apart form the competition. in which case, you have to narrow down the competition by not just using the big scalping sites where everyone looks. You need to have a regular, consistent search through more direct opportunities, that others don't make the effort to research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending