The Student Room Group

How do I remain calm and not get stressed during mocks?

Hey there, I’m in year 10 and it’s my first mocks. I’m constantly getting stressed about every aspect possible and have repeated heart palpitations (sounds very melodramatic but it’s the best way I can describe what I feel). Does anyone have any advice on how to stay calm and motivated?
Reply 1
Original post by IBella09
Hey there, I’m in year 10 and it’s my first mocks. I’m constantly getting stressed about every aspect possible and have repeated heart palpitations (sounds very melodramatic but it’s the best way I can describe what I feel). Does anyone have any advice on how to stay calm and motivated?
i know it's easier said than done but just remember that it's really not that serious when you're in year 10 - although your first set of mocks is scary, the point of them is more to get used to doing exams in proper conditions rather than getting the top grades right now so don't be too concerned about attainment. obviously the nerves are probably coming from not knowing what to expect but that's exactly the point of doing mocks - so that you know what to expect in the real exams and don't feel this nervous. this is your time to work out the processes that work for you, so don't worry if it doesn't all go the way you want it to.

it might also be helpful to speak to a teacher or someone at school about how you're feeling because while stress is normal, heart palpitations are not!
Reply 2
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest