The Student Room Group

Are these GCSE results good enough for considering Oxbridge?

Hi everyone, next year I am taken maths , physics, econ and potentially FM and I would like to maybe study econ or anything computer science/ engineering related at MAYBE OXBRIDGE? Anyway any help is appreciated thank you!!

Computer science- 7
Physics- 8
Chem - 7
Bio - 7
Maths- 7
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 8
History- 9
Art - 9
Spanish- 9
French- 9
For Oxbridge, and other unis, they will look at your GCSEs in the context of your school as some provide more support than others. To study Computer Science or Engineering they would be looking for an 8 or 9 in maths typically, so be sure to keep working and improving your maths for admissions tests and predicted grades.
Reply 2
Original post by alexandre365
For Oxbridge, and other unis, they will look at your GCSEs in the context of your school as some provide more support than others. To study Computer Science or Engineering they would be looking for an 8 or 9 in maths typically, so be sure to keep working and improving your maths for admissions tests and predicted grades.

Pretty much my thoughts. If you are intending to go into Econ/compsci/engineering a top maths grade is probably the most vital GCSE grade of the lot. This is not to discourage you or anything - your grades are fantastic. My only advice would be to really focus on mathematics during A-levels to leave no room for doubt that you are a skilled mathematician. Well done anyhow!

Quick Reply

Latest