The Student Room Group

IGCSE

I couldn’t pass English in year 11 so I’ve done resit gcse English in my year 12 sixthform and unfortunately I couldn’t pass that either. I know I’ve got 3 chances but my English teacher tells me to do IGCSE instead of GCSE and based on what she told me this is a gcse private schools do. So my question is should I do IGCSE and leave it or should I do GCSE in year 13 again also would universities like IGCSE. Thank you
Original post by burakakifaras
I couldn’t pass English in year 11 so I’ve done resit gcse English in my year 12 sixthform and unfortunately I couldn’t pass that either. I know I’ve got 3 chances but my English teacher tells me to do IGCSE instead of GCSE and based on what she told me this is a gcse private schools do. So my question is should I do IGCSE and leave it or should I do GCSE in year 13 again also would universities like IGCSE. Thank you

Universities treat the IGCSE exactly the same as the GCSE, so that wouldn't be an issue. The question is, why does your teacher think the IGCSE might be better for you?
Original post by DataVenia

Universities treat the IGCSE exactly the same as the GCSE, so that wouldn't be an issue. The question is, why does your teacher think the IGCSE might be better for you?

Because she said IGCSE would be easier so you won’t be having the stress of falling again.
Failing*

Quick Reply

Latest