The Student Room Group

A level biology, help

Hi , I’ve been getting D’s consistently in biology , and I don’t know what I’ve been doing wrong , I read and understand the content but when I answer questions I do so bad , I really want a grade A , my exam board os AQA . Thank you
Original post by kukuking
Hi , I’ve been getting D’s consistently in biology , and I don’t know what I’ve been doing wrong , I read and understand the content but when I answer questions I do so bad , I really want a grade A , my exam board os AQA . Thank you
How are you revising for biology?
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
How are you revising for biology?
I make summary notes from each topic and I do past questions from pmt .
Reply 3
AQA normally has quite low boundaries, if you are consistently getting Ds then it is probably a fundamental issue with understanding the content as opposed to exam technique. When you're doing your past papers, do you make sure that its after you have fully and properly gone through the entire topic, making sure that if you don't fully understand, that you dont just blindly copy down what is written in some online resource, but you copy it down because you actually understand it
Reply 4
Original post by Ariichu
AQA normally has quite low boundaries, if you are consistently getting Ds then it is probably a fundamental issue with understanding the content as opposed to exam technique. When you're doing your past papers, do you make sure that its after you have fully and properly gone through the entire topic, making sure that if you don't fully understand, that you dont just blindly copy down what is written in some online resource, but you copy it down because you actually understand it
It’s mostly application questions and calculation questions, that I’m having a hard time with
Original post by kukuking
I make summary notes from each topic and I do past questions from pmt .
I would try something that uses active recall like using flashcards (online or physical, doesn't really matter) because making summary notes is quite passive
Reply 6
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would try something that uses active recall like using flashcards (online or physical, doesn't really matter) because making summary notes is quite passive
I will try this thanks

Quick Reply

Latest