The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

MORSE Warwick

Do I have a decent chance of getting an offer here are my stats

5A* predicted with FM and EPQ
9999999998 GCSE
PS is slightly more econ based but has decent applications of stats and maths eg linear regression + correlation, stochastic processes, constrained optimisation using Lagrange multipliers
Reply 1
-------
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Do I have a decent chance of getting an offer here are my stats

5A* predicted with FM and EPQ
9999999998 GCSE
PS is slightly more econ based but has decent applications of stats and maths eg linear regression + correlation, stochastic processes, constrained optimisation using Lagrange multipliers

bump
Reply 3
anyone??
How do your predictions compare to the course requirements. They could not be any lower so I would think you have a good chance. Why would you not? I’ve read that Warick don’t give much weight to PS and go more on grades.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
How do your predictions compare to the course requirements. They could not be any lower so I would think you have a good chance. Why would you not? I’ve read that Warick don’t give much weight to PS and go more on grades.

course requires A*A*A usually
Reply 6
Yep. After seeing this post I would understand why you would want to post this anonymously. As someone who does a maths degree at UoW most of the lads here have cured at least one form of cancer or recieved a fields medal by the time they have applied, not to mention no one here got a dirty grade 8 at GCSE. Unless you complete the duke of ediburgh platinum before submitting an application, I'd honestly start practicing flipping burgers in your room.
Original post by Greg8881
Yep. After seeing this post I would understand why you would want to post this anonymously. As someone who does a maths degree at UoW most of the lads here have cured at least one form of cancer or recieved a fields medal by the time they have applied, not to mention no one here got a dirty grade 8 at GCSE. Unless you complete the duke of ediburgh platinum before submitting an application, I'd honestly start practicing flipping burgers in your room.

Completely agree with this post. Even if you got a fields medal before you apply, I wouldn't expect an offer with that pesky grade 8. The only advice I could give is to win the International Mathematical Olympiad, get at least silver DofE and prove the Riemann Hypothesis.

Quick Reply

Latest