The Student Room Group

I had weak gcses but strong a levels

I struggled at GCSE as I was bullied by a teacher at school. I performed poorly as my mental health was at rock bottom and transferred out to another sixth form.
3 (Spanish), 4,4,4,5,5,6,6,7.
I'm applying for criminology with AAA grades.
I'm applying to
Bristol
UWE
Bath ( worried my GCSEs are too weak here)
Surrey
Cardiff
will my application be considered not good enough for these unis although I reach all of their standard offers and contextual for 2?
(edited 4 months ago)
GCSEs generally dont matter much other than English and Maths. What grade did you get in these and do you meet the GCSE requirements for each university. If you do it is unlikely to cause you a problem
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
GCSEs generally dont matter much other than English and Maths. What grade did you get in these and do you meet the GCSE requirements for each university. If you do it is unlikely to cause you a problem

I got 7 and 6 in English and 4 in maths however they just said to pass 5
Original post by spookzie
I got 7 and 6 in English and 4 in maths however they just said to pass 5

Then you will be 5 as long as they dont require a grade higher than 4 in Maths. That would normally be fpr more Mathematicl courses though.
Reply 4
Original post by spookzie
I struggled at GCSE as I was bullied by a teacher at school. I performed poorly as my mental health was at rock bottom and transferred out to another sixth form.
3 (Spanish), 4,4,4,5,5,6,6,7.
I'm applying for criminology with AAA grades.
I'm applying to
Bristol
UWE
Bath ( worried my GCSEs are too weak here)
Surrey
Cardiff
will my application be considered not good enough for these unis although I reach all of their standard offers and contextual for 2?

you will be fine probably my gcse were 8876665433 with the 3 being in french and english lang which i had to resit but i currently have 2 offers from Loughborough and Lancaster
Reply 5
Original post by Rainyzack
you will be fine probably my gcse were 8876665433 with the 3 being in french and english lang which i had to resit but i currently have 2 offers from Loughborough and Lancaster

I mean you have two 8s in comparison to my mediocre grades and have more 6s so 2 3s aren't the end of the world right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending