The Student Room Group

having my a-levels reviewed

i received AAA in my a levels, more than enough for my ABB warwick offer. still, i found out that i was <= 5 marks away from an A* in both economics (AQA) and politics (edexcel). my heads of department recommended that i get a review, and we chose which papers to submit together. i’ve already requested both to receive priority reviews, so now i’m just waiting.

has anyone else sent theirs for review, too? i’m surprised by some of my marks, especially compared to some of my friends who told me they did really badly on their exams. for me, it doesn’t impact my uni at all it’s more that i feel like i was so close, so why not?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by taylors_version
i received AAA in my a levels, more than enough for my ABB warwick offer. still, i found out that i was <= 5 marks away from an A* in both economics (AQA) and politics (edexcel). my heads of department recommended that i get a review, and we chose which papers to submit together. i’ve already requested both to receive priority reviews, so now i’m just waiting.

has anyone else sent theirs for review, too? i’m surprised by some of my marks, especially compared to some of my friends who told me they did really badly on their exams. for me, it doesn’t impact my uni at all it’s more that i feel like i was so close, so why not?

I am going to review my politics. I am 6 marks off of a B (Edexcel). I got into my firm choice but thought I would get higher in politics.
Original post by KDawn
I am going to review my politics. I am 6 marks off of a B (Edexcel). I got into my firm choice but thought I would get higher in politics.

yeah i’m doing it for the same reason.. i got A* on mocks, essays and reports. so i have no idea how i got an A (well, i was only 2 marks off). i got priority marking but nothing from edexcel. AQA gave me the same econ mark, so i’m going to review another paper.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by taylors_version
yeah i’m doing it for the same reason.. i got A* on mocks, essays and reports. so i have no idea how i got an A (well, i was only 2 marks off). i got priority marking but nothing from edexcel. AQA gave me the same econ mark, so i’m going to review another paper.

I got my politics paper back and got 5 more marks (I needed 6) so I am going to get another paper reviewed

Quick Reply

Latest