The Student Room Group

Need help choosing between Edinburgh and Imperial

I have offers from the MSc in Artificial Intelligence (a bit more theoretical) at UofE and the MSc in applied computational science and engineering(practical heavy) at Imperial.
I like the modules at both unis, although imperial seems a bit restrictive. Tuition is identical but the cost of living in London is way more, I would love your perspectives on both these programs.
Background: I've worked in academia for a year and half and would like a switch to industry.

Cheers
Hey, congrats on your offers. In how much time did you hear back from Edinburgh? I'm going to apply to the same program soon, very much interested.
Original post by save_the_turtles
I have offers from the MSc in Artificial Intelligence (a bit more theoretical) at UofE and the MSc in applied computational science and engineering(practical heavy) at Imperial.
I like the modules at both unis, although imperial seems a bit restrictive. Tuition is identical but the cost of living in London is way more, I would love your perspectives on both these programs.
Background: I've worked in academia for a year and half and would like a switch to industry.
Cheers

Obviously focus on which, if either, you prefer but in general I would recommend going to imperial. It is much more prestigious and you will have more job offers when you graduate.
Good luck.
Original post by madrid123
Hey, congrats on your offers. In how much time did you hear back from Edinburgh? I'm going to apply to the same program soon, very much interested.
I applied in the first week of December and got my offer in January. it was one of the first applications for which I go a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending