The Student Room Group

World Occupational Therapy Day!

It's World Occupational Therapy Day! :clap2:

Occupational Therapists are key to supporting people with carrying out everyday activities if they have a disability, illness, trauma, ageing, or other long-term conditions.

Here are some examples of career paths that an occupational therapy degree can lead you to:
- Occupational Therapist
- Care Manager
- Ergonomist
- Health Improvement Practitioner
- Advice Worker
- Life Coach
- Play Therapist

What career path sounds most interesting to you? :hmmmm:

To find out more about studying occupational therapy check out this video where one of our recent alumni talks about a memory that stood out for him during his time studying occupational therapy and why you should consider becoming an occupational therapist: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cy5zVoFsQn5/?hl=en :smile:
I think Health Improvement Practitioner would be the most interesting for me although I am more interested in engineering. I like improving things.
Original post by Greggles001
I think Health Improvement Practitioner would be the most interesting for me although I am more interested in engineering. I like improving things.

Hey, :hello:

We agree, an Health Improvement Practitioner is a very interesting career path and will help influence the health of individuals, communities and larger populations. However, engineering also helps improve lives and is an opportunity to innovate. Both are great career paths and will make a difference :yes:
Original post by CCCU Health Rep
Hey, :hello:

We agree, an Health Improvement Practitioner is a very interesting career path and will help influence the health of individuals, communities and larger populations. However, engineering also helps improve lives and is an opportunity to innovate. Both are great career paths and will make a difference :yes:

Thank you for your encouraging words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending