The Student Room Group

Training Contract with 2:2 undergrad and distinction in postgrad

Hello everyone,
I have a non-UK law degree with 2:2. However, I have a 2:1 LLM degree from a Russell group university. Will the 2:2 degree will effect my chances of getting a training contract or will the 2:1 degree can negate the 2:2? I have done plenty of extracurriculars in my undergrad and a little bit in my postgrad too.
Original post by dee1910
Hello everyone,
I have a non-UK law degree with 2:2. However, I have a 2:1 LLM degree from a Russell group university. Will the 2:2 degree will effect my chances of getting a training contract or will the 2:1 degree can negate the 2:2? I have done plenty of extracurriculars in my undergrad and a little bit in my postgrad too.

Hi @dee1910

Unfortunately, there is no straightforward answer to your question. Different firms will value different elements more or less and, therefore, it really depends on who you apply to. In reality, I don't think this will prevent you by any means from securing a TC particularly if you have a lot of extra curriculars to help you on your way. Particularly, when considering your undergrad was in non-UK law (far less relevant than your law degree in the law you would be practicing). I would apply and see what happens :smile:

Good luck!

Sophie
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by dee1910
Hello everyone,

Sorry to say this but your chances of getting into a top law firm would not be high, as the completion is so intense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending