The Student Room Group

Why am I not progressing in maths ?

I’m in year 11 about to do GCSES in a few months obviously and the subject I’ve always been stuck on in maths. I’ve done 3 mocks so far and I just got the scores for the first 2 papers I got 34/80 for paper 1 and 27/80 for paper 2. I always get this score for paper 2 so it’s very annoying and these aren’t good scores at all. I do past papers at tutor so it’s annoying how I’m not improving at all. My maths gcse starts in may and I’m worried that I won’t be able to pass. I do edexel foundation so I really need to get that grade 5 :frown:
Original post by Lalakalala5
I’m in year 11 about to do GCSES in a few months obviously and the subject I’ve always been stuck on in maths. I’ve done 3 mocks so far and I just got the scores for the first 2 papers I got 34/80 for paper 1 and 27/80 for paper 2. I always get this score for paper 2 so it’s very annoying and these aren’t good scores at all. I do past papers at tutor so it’s annoying how I’m not improving at all. My maths gcse starts in may and I’m worried that I won’t be able to pass. I do edexel foundation so I really need to get that grade 5 :frown:
hi! when I was in y11 I also really struggled with maths
recommendations:

cognito

maths genie

maths made easy

past papers

ask your teacher/s if youre stuck - they are there to help you!!!!

Reply 2
Original post by erin11
hi! when I was in y11 I also really struggled with maths
recommendations:

cognito

maths genie

maths made easy

past papers

ask your teacher/s if youre stuck - they are there to help you!!!!

Hi, i have the same situation as i know im capable of getting a 9 but have been stuck on 7s for more than three years, then i realised i need to do maths regularly because it is NOT a subject you can get away with cramming, so instead of doing more pastpapers try to go back to the old ones circle the ones you got wrong, into a pile and fully understand those concepts!!(hope this helped) xxx

Quick Reply

Latest