The Student Room Group

erin11 asks...what are your favourite ways to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erin11

memorise your general conversation questions and then practice with a friend to make it sound more spontaneous/natural - I still have mine and I got a 9, I can pm you them if you want an example

past paper questions to help you improve your exam technique

grammar practice

translation practice

Yes please PM me these resources! Tysm!
Original post by Harfan654
Yes please PM me these resources! Tysm!
check pm's :smile:
same as me but independent
with a twist - feynman, flowcharts and questions + answer (study sessions) then past papers and questions I got wrong go into topical questions/papers (practice sessions)
Original post by Anonymous #2
same as me but independent
with a twist - feynman, flowcharts and questions + answer (study sessions) then past papers and questions I got wrong go into topical questions/papers (practice sessions)
ooh, what is feynman? haven't heard of it !
Personally I love exam questions
I believe that if I know the content it doesn’t matter if I can’t apply it to a question and get marks
Happ revising!
Original post by Greenhouse999
Personally I love exam questions
I believe that if I know the content it doesn’t matter if I can’t apply it to a question and get marks
Happ revising!
totally agree!! exam questions are always good
Reply 26
i use the a pomodoro timer where i study for 25 mins and take a 5 min break, i have a really bad attention span but when i use it i barely realise when its time for a break :smile:
assuming youre doing AQA computer science (though i imagine OCR isnt too different), How do you revise for Paper 1(the programming paper?)
Reply 28
Original post by aspir0r
assuming youre doing AQA computer science (though i imagine OCR isnt too different), How do you revise for Paper 1(the programming paper?)

My question precisely. I have a set of Anki flashcards covering the entire course (not sure how thoroughly I've covered it because I've missed off things like sets) but absolutely no clue about Skeleton code. Also, OCR is a bit different in that they don't have a skeleton code.

I've applied for CS at uni and I'm so happy that I don't need an A* in it. I still want an A star but worst comes to worst, an A will still allow me to go there. The offer is A*AAA.

What are you doing to revise? Any resources you can suggest?
Original post by vnayak
My question precisely. I have a set of Anki flashcards covering the entire course (not sure how thoroughly I've covered it because I've missed off things like sets) but absolutely no clue about Skeleton code. Also, OCR is a bit different in that they don't have a skeleton code.
I've applied for CS at uni and I'm so happy that I don't need an A* in it. I still want an A star but worst comes to worst, an A will still allow me to go there. The offer is A*AAA.

I do AQA. So in class we have spent a few lessons going over the skeleton code already, so I'm pretty comfortable with it :smile:

I'm going to do a review of it in a week or two though. Ive been focused on memorizing theory recently (for paper 2 and 1) which involves my flashcards and blurting and some past paper questions for that theory. My plan is to maximize marks on theory because I don't do well coding in timed situations..
Original post by vnayak

As for resources, ive got friends who find physicsand maths tutor useful for notes, but personally ,I just use the textbook, chatgpt to clarify some understanding when the internet fails me, and sometimes there's useful stuff on the Isaac computer science site
Reply 31
Original post by aspir0r
I do AQA. So in class we have spent a few lessons going over the skeleton code already, so I'm pretty comfortable with it :smile:
I'm going to do a review of it in a week or two though. Ive been focused on memorizing theory recently (for paper 2 and 1) which involves my flashcards and blurting and some past paper questions for that theory. My plan is to maximize marks on theory because I don't do well coding in timed situations..

How was your NEA?
Original post by vnayak
How was your NEA?

omg the deadline is next week and ive done 3 out of my 5 objectives. I might just stop coding because I really think paper 1 and 2 are worth my time at this point. My teacher said I'm probably getting at least 50% of the marks anyway
Reply 33
Original post by aspir0r
omg the deadline is next week and ive done 3 out of my 5 objectives. I might just stop coding because I really think paper 1 and 2 are worth my time at this point. My teacher said I'm probably getting at least 50% of the marks anyway

Yeah it's not worth spending that much time on it now. Focus on your Papers 1 and 2 and you'll get what you need.

I got 63/75 pre exam board moderation and my school tends to be on the harsher side of marking so the mark might go up - who knows? It means that I only need 58% for an A or 77% for an A* according to last year's boundaries, which in my eyes is achievable but the problem is with being specific to the mark schemes which I'm not good at.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending