The Student Room Group

AQA Power and Conflict - London comparisons

I am so confused what i'm meant to compare London to on a conflict front? I have the question 'Compare ways poets present ideas about conflict in society in 'London' and one other poem'
Please help I honestly have no clue
Original post by cheesix
I am so confused what i'm meant to compare London to on a conflict front? I have the question 'Compare ways poets present ideas about conflict in society in 'London' and one other poem'
Please help I honestly have no clue
Maybe in 'London', you could talk about the conflicts and injustices present within urban society during the late 18th century. You could then compare it to 'Ozymandias' you could say the theme of conflict is shown through the lens of power and its transient nature.

(summary: In both poems, conflict is a central theme, but it's presented in different forms. In "London," the conflict is social and political, reflecting the struggles of individuals within a repressive society. In contrast, "Ozymandias" explores the conflict between human ambition and the ultimate futility of trying to defy the passage of time and the forces of nature. Both poems offer profound insights into the nature of conflict and its impact on individuals and societies.)

I'm not really sure what else, since 'London (and Ozymandias) are more about power, rather than conflict, but I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest