The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (8702/2) - 24th May [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 2 exam go ?

AQA GCSE English Literature Paper 2 (8702/2) - Wednesday 24th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Also, check out our article of student reactions to the exam - your comments on this thread might be on there!

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 24th May 2023 / AM
Length: 2h 15m

Resources
AQA (GCSE English Literature)

(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello
Hello! I've been predicted an 8, but I'm aiming for a 9. I study An Inspector Calls, and Love and Relationships poetry. I think my favourite part of this exam is the unseen poetry section, but I must say, despite enjoying studying the play, I do not enjoy the An Inspector Calls section of the exam.
Does any one have any predictions on what the questions could potentially be?
Original post by AmeenahHs
Hello! I've been predicted an 8, but I'm aiming for a 9. I study An Inspector Calls, and Love and Relationships poetry. I think my favourite part of this exam is the unseen poetry section, but I must say, despite enjoying studying the play, I do not enjoy the An Inspector Calls section of the exam.
Does any one have any predictions on what the questions could potentially be?

I always found the unseen poetry section the most difficult! I also really like An Inspector Calls as a play, but I think some of the questions in the past papers have been a bit uninspiring. What is it about that section of the paper that you're not keen on?
Hi, I study An Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict poetry. I am currently a grade 6 but I want a 7 at least. Any advice on how to revise would be appreciated.:smile:
Reply 5
Hey, just wanted to try something new! I think I'm a Grade 8 and aiming to keep it that way aha.
I'm currently studying:
Romeo + Juliet
A Christmas Carol
Love and Relationships Poetry
Blood Brothers
I'm not sure if any of you guys have talked much about these, but i'd love to chat about our upcoming exam, and perhaps predict what the questions will be about?
Reply 6
Original post by Scar.study
Hey, just wanted to try something new! I think I'm a Grade 8 and aiming to keep it that way aha.
I'm currently studying:
Romeo + Juliet
A Christmas Carol
Blood Brothers
I'm not sure if any of you guys have talked much about these, but i'd love to chat about our upcoming exam, and perhaps predict what the questions will be about?

I do ACC and L&R poetry- my teacher has a feeling that ACC might be on the theme of Christmas, or possibly Religion, and poetry might be either violent love or parents or separation
I'm currently studying:
Romeo + Juliet
A Christmas Carol
Blood Brothers

hi,
i also do a christmas carol
and romeo+juliet 😱
also power and conflict poetry
and an inspector calls
Seems like a lot of you are studying A Christmas Carol - how is the revision going @acolourfulhuman @AmeenahHs and @Scar.study?
Reply 9
Original post by Pwca
Seems like a lot of you are studying A Christmas Carol - how is the revision going @acolourfulhuman @AmeenahHs and @Scar.study?

revision for A Christmas Carol has been alright - some brilliant practise papers and examples that can inspire one, I've currently made a few fact files and annotations of characters, with their quotes on sticky notes on my door
Reply 10
hi everyone
predicted an 8 and aiming for a 9 ( hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too harsh)
I'm studying;
love and relationships
an inspector calls
much ado about nothing
pride and prejudice

I hope we get asked a question about Lydia, Mr collins, or the relationship between Elizabeth and Charlotte since all they've done in previous years are questions about either Darcy or Elizabeth
if anyone has tips for revising for the familial poems in the love and relationships cluster I would greatly appreciate it!
Reply 11
Original post by tamilearns
hi everyone
predicted an 8 and aiming for a 9 ( hopefully the grade boundaries won't be too harsh)
I'm studying;
love and relationships
an inspector calls
much ado about nothing
pride and prejudice

I hope we get asked a question about Lydia, Mr collins, or the relationship between Elizabeth and Charlotte since all they've done in previous years are questions about either Darcy or Elizabeth
if anyone has tips for revising for the familial poems in the love and relationships cluster I would greatly appreciate it!

Hello! i do Much and about nothing aswell and i very rarely see good resorces online for it. What do you use to revise it? are there any good grade 7-9 websites for it?
Original post by Pwca

its going well in general and i tried to do past papers but i'm worried i won't remember any quotes as i don't remember many even now:confused:
Reply 13
Original post by Pwca

Thank you for asking, it's going alright. I'm feeling somewhat prepared for A Christmas Carol but of course, you'll never feel prepared enough no matter how much time you're given. I just hope that we get a decent question and I don't forget any quotes.
Reply 14
Original post by siusia101
Hello! i do Much and about nothing aswell and i very rarely see good resorces online for it. What do you use to revise it? are there any good grade 7-9 websites for it?

yes the resources for much ado online are so sparse! I've mostly been relying on the cgp revision guides, seneca, Mr bruff videos and the Shmoop website.

Shmoop link:
shmoop.com/study-guides/literature/much-ado-about-nothing
hope that helps!
Reply 15

hiii, if anyone was needing a good recourse to revise for lit, the linked website is one I've found that has really helped me, especially for poetry. it completely breaks down themes and context for the novels and poems :smile: hope it helps!!

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/english-revision/gcse-aqa/

Reply 16
thank u so much! I've used Physics and Maths Tutor so much and its really helped me - however i could never find how to access all subjects like that :smile:
Reply 17
what do u guys predict for power and conflict
i feel like its gonna be a power of nature poem bcs so far all have been war or it might be smth like war photographer again and def not kamikaze my last duchess prelude tissue or checking out me history
bcs my teacher said they usually choose an easy at first glance poem bc whole country has to do it like the war ones and usually 1 page poems as well
Reply 18
Hey! How did everyone’s Paper 1 go?? :smile:
Hey! How did everyone’s Paper 1 go?? :smile:

it was good in general but i kinda forgot to revise for plant organs so i just guessed the spongy mesophyll question and..... i got some of it right luckily:eek: expecting an 8 rn :smile: how did urs go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending