The Student Room Group

Removed posters from the wall in my accommodation and the paint is peeling

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some advice regarding my paint situation. So I’m staying in an accommodation called true student. It’s a great accommodation but I’ve grown tired of having these bare walls. I decided to buy a pack of 100 5x5 posters from Amazon, the quality is great and they come with these little double sided tape dots to stick the posters on the wall. I was putting up my third one (a poster of 2014 Forest Hills drive for those who care) but It wasn’t quite in the correct position so I took it off to move it down a bit. Mind you, at this point the poster is hardly stuck on, as I took it off, two small dots of paint came off. Now I’m an extremely broke uni student and I can’t afford to have to pay for this wall to be painted (it’s about 100 ish for each wall to be painted over) any advice for what I can do once I have to fully move out?
Original post by KareemAlzahabi
Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some advice regarding my paint situation. So I’m staying in an accommodation called true student. It’s a great accommodation but I’ve grown tired of having these bare walls. I decided to buy a pack of 100 5x5 posters from Amazon, the quality is great and they come with these little double sided tape dots to stick the posters on the wall. I was putting up my third one (a poster of 2014 Forest Hills drive for those who care) but It wasn’t quite in the correct position so I took it off to move it down a bit. Mind you, at this point the poster is hardly stuck on, as I took it off, two small dots of paint came off. Now I’m an extremely broke uni student and I can’t afford to have to pay for this wall to be painted (it’s about 100 ish for each wall to be painted over) any advice for what I can do once I have to fully move out?

Hi @KareemAlzahabi

Have you left any of the posters up? Just in case they keep leaving marks or taking away more paint, I would take them down.

I totally get what you mean about having blank walls though! I find it best in my accommodation to stick/blue-tac anything I want to display on wardrobes, cupboards, anything with a plastic or coated finish to prevent any marks to your room.

If it's just the small bit of paint from the one poster, I wouldn't worry about it. But just be careful with any other posters etc.

Emily
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending