The Student Room Group

clearing

Hiya, I'm anxiously waiting for my results (as many others) and just wanted to set a plan in case everything goes wrong. Does anyone know the best universities that have a decent course in journalism/media that I can register my interest with in clearing ?
Original post by onlinegyaah
Hiya, I'm anxiously waiting for my results (as many others) and just wanted to set a plan in case everything goes wrong. Does anyone know the best universities that have a decent course in journalism/media that I can register my interest with in clearing ?

Hey @onlinegyaah :smile: Do you know which city/location you'd like to study in yet? Your research might feel a bit more manageable if you break it down by regions you'd like to live in and search for universities and courses in that area. If you're interested in Journalism & Media maybe research which cities have big media hubs and opportunities that you can get involved in throughout your degree?

Wishing you tons of luck ahead of results day! Try not to panic too much right now (I know it's easier said than done :redface:). If your first choice university is still your favourite - look up their contact details first and foremost so you have them ready if you need them. Even if you miss your conditions sometimes admissions teams can be flexible so it doesn't always mean bad news if you don't quite achieve what you were aiming for. Just give them a call and they'll be able to offer some guidance if you need it - that's what they're there for! :hugs:

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Reply 2
All you can do is google around and see what's out there, what is still open for UK applications now .etc.
You dont have to 'register' with any Unis to find a place in Clearing - that is just so that they can bombard you with marketing emails, it certainly wont help you get a place.

What are your realistic grade expectations?
Which area of the country are you looking at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending